• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods 11/29/15

VTKilarney

Crowds were quite low. I figured that people would start heading home after the long weekend, and it appears to have been a good strategy. We got there at about 10:30 AM and snagged a great parking spot.

There were essentially three trails down from the top. Big Ben, Crawford's Blaze, and Range View. Things had frozen after some very warm temperatures. Crawford's Blaze was boilerplate. The other two trails weren't that bad considering the challenging weather conditions for the groomers. They were machine groomed, but in decent condition.

There were no lift lines at all, and the trails were only crowded when a large group would be near you. They were doing a TON of snowmaking, so more trails will be coming online soon.

This was my first experience with WROD skiing in years and years. While it was great to get out and get my skiing legs back, I am very thankful that I didn't drive far to go skiing. It's still very early in the season, and snowmaking needs some more time.

Overall, though, it was a great first day out. Bretton Woods may not be the flashiest place, but they put lots of effort into their product, and it was a great place to just get back into the swing of things.

We left around 2:30 PM and the parking lot was pretty empty.

JDMRoma

I was there yesterday, doesn't sound like it was any better today. Crawfords was horrible, bare spots and boilerplate
Surprised they didn't make any snow last night....on crawfords. $49 for basically 2 ways down was steep for sure.

better than not skiing I guess and a good way to shake down your equipment !

VTKilarney

The skiing was pretty bad, for sure. It was classic WROD. That's why we just took it easy and treated it as a shakedown day. Bretton Woods did the best they could, but they can't beat Mother Nature.

My sons had free junior season passes and I had a free return ticket from the Patriot's Day promotion. So I can't complain too much about the price.

yeggous

I was there today too. Definitely classic WROD loose granular over bullet proof. Crawfords Blaze was awful. I am really surprised they didn't try to groom it. I actually thought that by the end of the day it improved to being survivable. I'm not sure if the dusting of snow or the traffic helped. Maybe I just found my edges.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

Went there today for day 1. Crawford's Blaze was closed. They weren't blowing on that but there were blasting all over the place elsewhere.

Two routes down and they were free of guns and had decent snow.

I was a bit disturbed by the lack of snow on Mt Washington. It was sunny and clear.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1448917687.165589.jpg