• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton woods April 22nd & 23rd

Vortex

Bretton woods April 22nd & 23rd

Conditions. Soft Corn snow

Temps on sat. Low to Mid 40's sunny Sunday High 30's and cloudy to rain aroun 10.30

My son and I arrived on sat about 8 am booted up and off we went. The Main quad and upper Quad were open. We headed straight to the top and before we had a run in we met Terry. We took a few runs down Swoop and under the quad. coverage was nice, but very few trails open. We got to do Bode's run.....with a bit of walking. Fun for my son to do. We did laps until around 10.30 and met up with Thaller1 and Whaller1. Thaller1 posts here a bit, but a friend from the Sr board. We did a few laps with them and the snow stayed soft and stayed great. We has a great time hanging. We opted for a cold tailgate instead of grilling so we could ski more. After a quick lunch we headed back out. My son adopted Walter and Terry as his own...Last weekend it was Ga2ski and TB.

We called it quits a little after 2 and all hung out and contemplated the season. Terry showed us some recent baby pictures. Very Cool.
I was really impressed how good the snow was. I was glad to see they cared about their patrons and stayed open as the crowds have faded. Never a lift line. Seemd like many took advantage of the $20 dollar ticket with a pass from another resort. I saw some Threedom and ASC passes out there. I love marketing.
Another highlight was a saw a huge moose in a bog just before the mountain. Should have had a camera...... on to sunday

Sunday I slept in to see if the rain was coming. Around 8.30 it had not come so out I went. I arrived around 9.30 and found the snow better than Sat and skied fresh groomed snow until I left. Around 10.30 it started to rain a bit. I gave it another hour and brought my gear in. As soon as I did it got wetter. Again high praise Bretton Woods for keeping it going. I had a blast. Again I needed a camera. A small moose(funny to say that) decided to try the snow as well. Around tower 6 he decided to check out the terrain. He seemed satisfied and headed back up the trail and bound into the woods. The other 8 or 9 people there were all watching.

The snow should hold up through next weekend. The mountain opps have stockpiled some snow on the sides where it looked like the thin areas would develope.

Terry and Thallerr1 and Whaller1 I'm glad we got out for a last group outing. My son loved hanging with you guys. I plan on going one more weekend. Then who knows.

Ow by the way I made the picutre of the day. Thats me on Sunday on the web cam. www.brettonwoods.com/alpineski/index.cfm?edit_ID=56
My plan is to come back next Sunday.:idea:

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
That photo is GREAT Bob! :beer: Sorry I could not make it. Was going to E-mail/call about the tix, but figured that it was not worth it considering what I had heard about their customer service. Good to see I was wrong. Had a great day at Stowe--their last. Great to have 2000 vert of top to bottom skiing available without removing skis.

Vortex

Thankx I was happy with the shot. Ya the cust service was excellent. They helped Terry out on Sat. If you have the NH vacation week off it would be worth a trip for the day IMO.

thaller1

Great report Bob! I wish I had seen the moose too. I think they are allergic to me.. we had a great time on Saturday and you are tempting me to go up next Saturday. It finally sunk in on the ride home Sat. afternoon that the season was pretty much over for us and so we had to stop at Bray's Brewpub in Raymond, Maine for a pick me up. I can't complain..had a wonderful season despite the lack of snow and I look forward to a fresh new season!

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
Thankx Greg. Site has gone down twice today I wanted to get it before I lost the chance.
I grabbed the full-sized image from their server. PM me your Email address and I'll send it to you.

Terry

I had a great time skiing and hanging with you guys. It doesn't seem possible that this season is pretty much done. I have had a lot of fun and met some great people this year so to me it was a great season even though the weather didn't cooperate! I guess it is time to move on to summer activities and think snowy thoughts for next season!:beer:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Hey Bob, wanted to show my wife the pic. Opened Brettonwood page, found the pic, didn't say a word to her, as soon as I opened it, she said I know who that is! :) Guess you made an impression, have to watch you two the next time we meet up!

Greg

Staff member
Terry said:
I had a great time skiing and hanging with you guys. It doesn't seem possible that this season is pretty much done. I have had a lot of fun and met some great people this year so to me it was a great season even though the weather didn't cooperate! I guess it is time to move on to summer activities and think snowy thoughts for next season!:beer:
How many days, Terry?

Terry

I got in a total of 76 days this season. So far. Still debating another outing depending on the weather.