• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke Mountain 01/06/2016

VTKilarney

Work is busy, but I managed to sneak away for a few runs. There is one route from top to bottom with snowmaking. They opened up a couple of non-snowmaking trails but the cover was extremely thin. I think it was more to do with adding to their trail count than anything else.

Skiing on the snowmaking trail was not bad at all. It was packed powder and seemed to be holding up well enough. Even on the snowmaking trails, there isn't an abundance of snow. There were a couple of patches of grass popping through the cover. Natural snow can't come soon enough. It would be nice to get another trail open so skiers don't have to compete with racers on the training hill.

They are installing the magic carpet from the hotel to the Mid Burke Express.

I'd avoid Burke on the weekends until they get more terrain open. But for a mid-week visit it wasn't bad, although it got boring after a while with just one viable run available.

Snow was being made on the lower mountain.