• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

camcorder

gmcunni

TheBEast

I picked this one up as well based on Greg's recommendation. I haven't really used it much, but so far so good. We'll see how it does with me mountain biking this summer and during next ski season.

Killer deal at Costco!

Greg

Staff member
That's a great price! And yeah, I still am very happy with mine. It glitches every now and then. Sometimes it goes into a "data recovery" process, but I've never lost data on it. Also, sometimes you need to shut it off, pop the SD card out, reseat it, and then power it back on. Both of these issues might have more to do with my SD card than the camera itself, however. Anyway, great camera for skiing - small, lightweight, water/shock resistent, and good quality video. Panasonic is putting out a newer version of this which look really nice. That may account for the reduced price.

gmcunni

Panasonic is putting out a newer version of this which look really nice. That may account for the reduced price.

Yeah, Costco is good for that, nice discounts on items about to be replaced. I think the "old" one meets my needs, I want something better than the digital camera i use today but small enough to fit in the pocket.

How many minutes/hours of recording do you get on the SD card?

Greg

Staff member
How many minutes/hours of recording do you get on the SD card?

I think it's about 25 minutes on my 2 GB SD card. More than enough to sufficiently document a ski day.

gmcunni

stopped by the local costco last night in hopes of seeing first hand the panasonic. no luck, they didn't have one there (but i did fill up on gas @ the bargain price of $3.78!).

i'll probably just order online... can always take back to the store if turns out not to meet expectations.