• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon, 12/13/08

thebigo

Conditions were great everywhere with no sign of damage from the ice storm. Nearly everything was mowed flat and skied how one would expect groomed man-made on a 5 degree day. My car read 5F at 2:30, the summit was significantly colder but winds were mild.

No pictures due to the temperature.

Exceptions were rocket under the guns, whales on upper tramline and a decent if short bump line on the bypass.

Avalanche, rocket and gary's were all getting burried. The man-made blizzard seen driving through the notch was impressive.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Conditions were great everywhere with no sign of damage from the ice storm. Nearly everything was mowed flat and skied how one would expect groomed man-made on a 5 degree day. My car read 5F at 2:30, the summit was significantly colder but winds were mild.

No pictures due to the temperature.

Exceptions were rocket under the guns, whales on upper tramline and a decent if short bump line on the bypass.

Avalanche, rocket and gary's were all getting burried. The man-made blizzard seen driving through the notch was impressive.

What were the snow conditions? FGR? PP? I expected to hear about crunchies underfoot, since I understand there was about 12 hours of freezing rain into Friday morning.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Kind of a crunchy but edgeable surface. Actually pretty darned good considering the prior weather. Rocket was *sweet* under the guns. See my TR (I was there, too).