• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon - 12/20/06

skibum9995

Date Skied: 12/20/06

Ski Area: Cannon

Conditions: Loose Granular

Trip Report:
I got to Cannon just before 9:00 and had the lodge to myself to boot up. There were very few people out early today and it made fro some nice skiing while the snow was still hard. As the sun rose over the mountain the snow softened up and got pushed around quite a bit, but it made for some good skiing. Business started picking up about 10:00 and Holderness showed up not much after that, but there still was not very many people there. They definitely need to open more terrain as you can only ski Ravine so many times. I've now skied it 40 times in a row and am ready for a change. Snowmaking was going on from top to bottom on Tramway and Middle/Lower Cannon. Upper Cannon looked like it had plenty of snow and the groomers were working on it. It looks like the summit will open on Saturday. Even with the lack of terrai nit was a good day with nice weather, just a little too warm at about 30 at the base.

Parking lot at 9:00 AM
parking_lot.jpg

Snowmaking on Middle Cannon
middle_cannon_2.jpg

Snowmaking on Tramway
snowmaking.jpg