• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Mountain

Granite1

A spectacular day at Cannon and the place was empty.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 42

Granite1

The snow is getting deep at Cannon.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28

skef

Yeah the south wind has been brutal this year. Did they really groom Middle Hardscrabble? Did a double take when I saw that on the smow report yesterday. Encouraged by your report saying it was natural.
I can't believe they groomed it. There weren't enough people out there to get it as bumped up as it was when I hit it.

hardscrabble

Yeah no not groomed. The report keeps saying that it is. Not complaining though; it's been great the last few days.

snoseek

bump. Anyone been skiing cannon recently?
Is the natural down to bare ground? Trees and hardscrabble? Want to know how the place would be with a dose of snow I've been out for a few weeks

hardscrabble

bump. Anyone been skiing cannon recently?
Is the natural down to bare ground? Trees and hardscrabble? Want to know how the place would be with a dose of snow I've been out for a few weeks
Haven't been since last Thursday (before the last rain) but according to the trail report, anything without some manmade base is out. Hardscrabble hasn't been open since mid-Feb. Bumps along the sides of the Front 5 trails as well as Banshee LL (edit: Vista too) were the only natural things in play last week and they were thin then. I'm guessing that a good dump could bring it up to low tide, careful-in-the-woods-if-at-all powder conditions.

Last edited:

hardscrabble

Pretty decent today. Big wind drifts in places, lots of ice in others. Hardscrabble actually opened towards the end of the day - in relatively good shape except for the last pitch. Front 5 got skied off even faster than usual, as Zoomer & the tram were the only lifts running until just after 9. Definitely the most consistent conditions down there though, even after it got bumped out. Woods still need more base.

Smellytele

Not that it will be nice this weekend but Cannon skied very well on Wednesday after the little refresher. Had fun on the bumps on the side of every trail on the front five and zoomer lift line.
Top of the mtn skied great. Although Vista had some funk under it. Hardscrabble was fun as well. Last pitch was a little thin.
Lift line at mittersill was great as well. Didn’t ski any woods as the ones I saw were roped off.
The rain this coming weekend will not be good and I was glad I could hit it while it was still nice.

snoseek

Not that it will be nice this weekend but Cannon skied very well on Wednesday after the little refresher. Had fun on the bumps on the side of every trail on the front five and zoomer lift line.
Top of the mtn skied great. Although Vista had some funk under it. Hardscrabble was fun as well. Last pitch was a little thin.
Lift line at mittersill was great as well. Didn’t ski any woods as the ones I saw were roped off.
The rain this coming weekend will not be good and I was glad I could hit it while it was still nice.
I'm up today and can't believe how fast it's going. Barons is probably my favorite so far today.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

How realistic are folks thinking Cannon's plan to make it through weekend of April 9-10th is and what might they have left that weekend? That would be my one shot of getting up there.