• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Canyons Opening Day

tirolerpeter

I got my first chance to ski this season at the Canyons resort up near Park City UT. The lack of snow has really delayed the opening of the UT resorts. Despite some good storms and significant accumulations a few weeks ago, we had some unusually warm and DRYweather this past month that wiped out the beginnings of a good base. I picked up Marc Guido, "Admin" on FTO around 8AM this morning and headed up I-80 I can't match Marc's writing and photo skills so I offer this:

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5945

Marc had the courtesy to stick in a couple of photos of me as part of the report. Look for the guy in the blue powder suit. Just like a kid, I couldn't resist trying out my new Black Diamond "Verdicts" (really nice fat powder skis) and my new Scarpa AT boots and Silvretta Pure AT bindings. Check out the last picture for a shot of the gear. Needless to say, I should have stuck with my skinnier Volant Platinums and Nordica boots.

I guess my moving to Utah last spring has angered the snow gods!

FRITOLAYGUY

Wow im surprised to see bare ground in those pics, kinda looks like it does here, see that you never had to move to begin with. However i have a hunch the snowfall amounts will change in the near future.