• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Catskills Ski Resorts to Open Nov 20

catskills

Platttekill has snow still on the ground this morning. Plattekill's webcam show some white stuff on the ground. :snow:

I believe Windham's Web Cam also has some white stuff at the top.

Nothing white on the ground at Hunter this morning.

I am sure this snow will melt today but its nice to see.

millerm277

Midstation Cam at Hunter shows all the lights on that are attached to the fanguns, and this is the most recent post on the twitter... "Stay tuned for updates on snowmaking... we have not yet begun." @2PM.

I'm thinking tonight's the night it starts.

dmc

Midstation Cam at Hunter shows all the lights on that are attached to the fanguns, and this is the most recent post on the twitter... "Stay tuned for updates on snowmaking... we have not yet begun." @2PM.

I'm thinking tonight's the night it starts.

It's on... :)
I'll ge a picture tomorrow early for y'all..

tarponhead

It's on... :)
I'll ge a picture tomorrow early for y'all..

Yee %^&%^$*&^% Haw!!!!!

From the FIS site:
"Update: I’m starting think we’ll see something brewing sunday/monday timeframe. As the upper level trough digs in behind the departing storm, a weak mid level low pressure system could spin up at the base/axis of the trough and swing up along the coast. Looks like it would be a catskill/southern VT/NH type storm if anything. I’ll keep you posted."

I'm gonna work my a$$ off to clear my work calendar for Monday/Tuesday.....

catskills

I see a snow gun blowing snow in the dark on the base cam at Hunter MTN :fangun:

The lights must have dimmed last night at DMC's house when Hunter turned everything on.

dmc

I see a snow gun blowing snow in the dark on the base cam at Hunter MTN :fangun:

The lights must have dimmed last night at DMC's house when Hunter turned everything on.

Creek went down a couple inches too...