• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colts vs Patriots - AFC Title Game

Charlie Schuessler

Who would have thought in the pre-season that these teams would end the season as the #3 and #4 seeds in the AFC Playoffs and end up in the Title Game?

With the whipping the Colts gave the Patriots in Foxboro this past fall, it looks like the Colts can manhandle Brady's passing & surprising inept running game (against San Diego) as well as tramp all over Belicheck’s defense at will.

It is so close to call, I can only go with the team I root for, GO PATRIOTS!

So who do you think is going to the Superbowl, Colt’s or Patriots?

ChileMass

Copied from other thread -

Pats at Indy - The Pats have taken on much tougher defenses the past 2 weeks in the Jets and Chargers and won big and ugly, at home and on the road. Indy's offense is as good or possibly better than San Diego's, but their defense is significantly weaker, despite playing well for a few weeks recently. Indy gets a couple points for being at home and if Vinatieri kicks a walk-off FG to beat the Pats, I'm going to slit my wrists, but this space says Brady and the Pats very methodically run the ball, keep Peyton off the field and win a close, low-scoring game: Pats 24, Indy 17.

Pats vs Saints in the SB scares me - wait till next week for prediction on that one.

BoB

Pats...

But only *if* the officials can stay out of it and call a FAIR game.

nelsapbm

What time is the game? Sounds like a good time to go skiing to me - crowds will be down LOL.
Hoping for a Bears/Pats final. Inter-office rivalries and all. GO PATS!

bvibert

Staff member
What time is the game? Sounds like a good time to go skiing to me - crowds will be down LOL.
Hoping for a Bears/Pats final. Inter-office rivalries and all. GO PATS!

6:30, plenty of time to go skiing AND catch the game! ;)

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
What a great game that was. LT's comments afterwards makes no sense to me in view of the dancing/celebrating the Chargers do plus the comments made by various Chargers to the press during the week before the game.

Forget about the previous Chargers/Pats game, it's a whole new gig now.

nelsapbm

6:30? Excellent. 'Bush or MRG for the day, curl up by the fire on the couch for football that night. Sounds like a plan.

drjeff

I wouldn't think they'd make a 6:30 kick off

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

It's all about the big $$ prime time advertising dollars! I don't think that the NFL could have dreamed up a better marketing scenario than Brady vs. Manning for the right to goto the Superbowl in this time slot. Notice how they gave this game the prime time slot over the NFC game.

Playoff week #1 they put T.O. on in thew prime time slot (mainly because he might explode at any moment and also that Dallas wasn't going to far)

Week #2 - put Reggie Bush in primetime to get him some exposure since it looks like he got a good shot at playing in the Superbowl.

Week #3 - Bring on the big boys

Week #4 - Superbowl - enough said for marketing!

FRITOLAYGUY

No offense to Pats fans but im kinda sick of them, the Saints as long as your not a indy, pats, or bears fan are now Americas team, that whole city and everything after the hurricane, it would be nice to see them and Indy go at it.. But my heart says Pats win it all again no matter who they face.. They have already won the game mentally against Indy and thats even before then get on the field, now they just have to finish the physical part on the field.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
I see the Pats winning a close one based on how they man-handled a "physical" San Diego defense. SD looked pretty banged up at the end of that game and I think that's how the Patriots were able to work their way down the field late in the 4th. They just keep wearing you down, and when you're gassed they take over and do what they want. I think they're the only team in football that really knows how to play for the whole 60 minutes. They seem to keep something in reserve, both mentally and physically, for those last 5 minutes when most other teams fold with a lead or can't get it done to come from behind.

SIKSKIER

No offense to Pats fans but im kinda sick of them,QUOTE]

This must be coming from a Jets or Giants fan.If this is like the old"I'm sick of seein the Yankees all the time",that's a great compliment.Pats win again.Payton has a nervous breakdown after he blames his teamates again for the loss.Poor Tony must explain also how he can't even get to the big one.You can't get any more Americas team than the red white and blue who represent the beginning of this country!PS Has anyone ever one won 4 superbowls in 7 years?Pittsburg or Dallas maybe?

JimG.

Staff member
No offense to Pats fans but im kinda sick of them,

This must be coming from a Jets or Giants fan.If this is like the old"I'm sick of seein the Yankees all the time",that's a great compliment.Pats win again.Payton has a nervous breakdown after he blames his teamates again for the loss.Poor Tony must explain also how he can't even get to the big one.You can't get any more Americas team than the red white and blue who represent the beginning of this country!PS Has anyone ever one won 4 superbowls in 7 years?Pittsburg or Dallas maybe?

Hey, don't blame that quote on NY fans; FRITOLAYGUY is as New England as it gets. He's just pissed because he picked SD to win it all and he got shot down in the first game they played.

I'm a Giants fan, I'll root for the Jets, but since they're both out of it now my pick is the Pats to win it all. I stay local.

Last edited:

SkiDork

As a Jet fan, I can't root for the Pats. I'm actually rooting for the Saints, Katrina and all.

But My head says this is the Colts year.

jack97

The two teams that could win it all were the Bolts and the Pats, SD really had me concerned. I’m not sold on the Colt’s D, they have not played against a quality offense during the post season and toward the end of the regular season. Most importantly, I can’t see a team beating Belichick twice in the same season, it just doesn’t happen.

jack97

I hope Vinatieri kicks a 50 + yard feild goal with no time left to win it for the Colts. There will be some winning and bitchin in Beantown if that happens.

Given, the phantom "roughing the passer" in the playoff game against OAK (76?), buckner at 1st base and Grady sticking with Pedro, the Beantown fans have grown callous.

Belichick (who got us three SBs) gets a Mulligan if this happens. Vinateri kicks offs was his weakness, seem like the return team would get starting position in their 40 to 30 yard. True Pats fans will realize that the rookie Gotkowski has been placing the ball deeper during the kickoffs. Seems like start field postion is about 10 yards further back this year, puts the D in better field position. BTW he nailed a fifty yard FG in the last game.