• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cool wet May, any correlation?

Moe Ghoul

I seem to recall that the past 2 Mays started off with brutally hot dry weather and the snow fall those years stunk in the Poconos, with the exception of a late dump in March '07. Any weather geeks that can check historical data to see if there's predictive value in that?

Greg

Staff member
I seem to recall that the past 2 Mays started off with brutally hot dry weather and the snow fall those years stunk in the Poconos, with the exception of a late dump in March '07. Any weather geeks that can check historical data to see if there's predictive value in that?

I remember May and June of 2006 being very wet since I was building my deck at the time. I think last year seemed pretty normal. So far this year, this May has been drier than normal, but not overly hot. In any event, I don't think it really means a thing as to what to expect this winter...

New England has been much dryer than the mid-Atlantic and on alot of the recent rainy days where it was in the 50s here in PA..it was in the 60s in VT. Our weather seems to go through 6 week cycles..so what happens next winter depends on if the snow gods appreciated our offerings..I definitely sacrificing a goat this year..