• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched - 11/24/2007

hammer

Date(s) Skied: Saturday 11/24/07

Resort or Ski Area: Crotched Mountain, NH

Conditions: Manmade packed powder, a bit firm in spots

Trip Report: Great opening day for Crotched. Only one problem (for them)...where were all the people?

My son and I skied from about 9:45 to 1:30 with a lunch break at about 11:30. Not sure of the trail counts but in the morning the Valley chair was running with two ways down (Galaxy and Meteor). They also had a few boxes set up in the lower part of the terrain park trail.

The summit lift opened up about 11:00 or so...managed to get one of the first chairs up and Moon Walk was very nicely groomed.

No lift lines whatsoever...even though we were there for a short time we managed to get about 14 runs in. It was tempting to continue but my out of shape body and legs were complaining...no need to push too hard and risk injury early in the season.

In all, a great start to the season for Crotched and a good day to get my ski legs back.

hammer

What were they charging for tickets? I couldn't find anything on the website about early season rates.
I think they were charging midweek rates for early season ($39 adult/$29 junior)...I paid with SnoCards so I had an additional discount.

Mark_151

Ok, that settles it for me. I was going there, but I'm going to take advantage of the $25 tickets at Okemo tomorrow for bringing canned goods.