• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched - 11/25/2007

bdjeep

Dates Skied: Sunday 11/25/07

Ski Area: Crotched Mtn.

Conditions: man-made packed powder, small amounts of ice and hard pack

Trip Report: This was my first day out this season and my first trip to Crotched. After hearing consistently good things about Crotched, I decided to give it a try. Only a few runs were open, but the conditions were excellent for this far south in NH on Thanksgiving weekend. They definitely did a great job blowing snow. There were a few spots that got scraped bare around mid-day. Otherwise, there was a good amount of man-made powder. I skied Meteor and Satellite Summit most of the day, with the a few runs down Moon Walk/Galaxy for good measure. I heard the Big Dipper was open, but I didn't make it over there.

I generally ski the bigger mountains, but I decided that Thanksgiving weekend with limited terrain was not the time for it. Based on other ski reports, I made the right decision. There were virtually no lift lines at Crotched. I look forward to heading back when more terrain is open.