• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched Mountain - November 27, 2005

Charlie Schuessler

Crotched Mountain

November 27, 2005

Temperatures in the 30’s – Mostly Cloud Cover with Periodic Sun Splashes

Trail Conditions – Top to Bottom Skiing with both Quads operating, Satellite Summit, Moon Walk, Galaxy, Lover Terrain Park and the Big Dipper were open and in excellent condition.

The man-made base was solid with natural snow covering the whole mountain making it seem like the middle of winter.

I made turns for a little more than 4-hours. It felt great to ski in Southern NH during the Thanksgiving Weekend.
:D

hammer

Was Meteor also open?

It was on Friday, and it was the only way down for a while...made for more bumps than I'm used to seeing at Crotched...

Charlie Schuessler

hammer said:
Was Meteor also open?

It was on Friday, and it was the only way down for a while...made for more bumps than I'm used to seeing at Crotched...

I negleted to type Meteor in as being open, however I didn't didnt neglect to ski it though... :wink:

I spent most of my time working on edging & carving through Moonwalk to Galaxy, then making big GS turns on Meteor and winding up by fall-line skiing the trail edges until my knee had enough...