• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

custom liners

So who's rocking custom liners? I had foam liners for over a decade...went a season with a stock liner and then got into a ZipFit last winter. The ZipFit is a cork based resin...its moldable, pliable...heat adjustable, and you can add more if you need to tweak the fit...IMO its as good a heel hold as any foam liner...very happy with it.

wa-loaf

I tried some intuition liners last year for my boots. I don't know if I got fit poorly for them or what, but they were really uncomfortable and I returned them. I was hoping to solve some fit and warmth issues with them. I got new boots for this year instead.

I never had custome liners..I always just had out of the box boots..but I want them for this year as I am getting new boots this fall..

darent

surefoot foam liners for the past 3 years, great fit,warm and comfortable- no problems from the get-go

WWF-VT

I have no major issues with my feet but added Superfeet insoles last year. Stock insoles in a lot of boots are pretty cheap and should be replaced

Philpug

I have no major issues with my feet but added Superfeet insoles last year. Stock insoles in a lot of boots are pretty cheap and should be replaced

Almost EVERY pair of boots I sold last year were upgraded with Superfeet, the customers had their own feet beds on the ones that weren't.

Geoff

I've been using the Head/San Marco silicon injection system for a decade. I'm kind of bummed that Head discontinued it. I will never ski in stock liners again.

Madroch

stock liners with superfeet... no issues (except cold feet-- but boot gloves help that).

bigbog

custom/3rd_party yes...

Have been in Dynafit Zzero AT liners for three seasons...like them..a really well made liner..warm and ski really well..tongue is really firm..but of course..could be thicker for downhill-performance(either shin-shims or sew on plastic from an alpine liner I have)..but that's from little too much room in my shell-fit..but much better quality than the G-Fit(if anyone ever comes in contact with).
Will try some ZipFits when possible...need $$$ for some powder skis..LOL.
Insta-Print beds...have had for ~4 seasons now, still work well...although I may have Jeff do some when needed.

Last edited:
I've been using the Head/San Marco silicon injection system for a decade. I'm kind of bummed that Head discontinued it. I will never ski in stock liners again.

check out the zipfits...similar feel to silicone, but a much lighter material and you can add to it after the initial injection.

ski220

So who's rocking custom liners? I had foam liners for over a decade...went a season with a stock liner and then got into a ZipFit last winter. The ZipFit is a cork based resin...its moldable, pliable...heat adjustable, and you can add more if you need to tweak the fit...IMO its as good a heel hold as any foam liner...very happy with it.

Where did you purchase your ZipFit liners? I checked out their website and the only dealer on the east coast appeared to be in N.Y.. Are there any other dealers on the east coast? Their web site appears to not have been updated for several years.

Skiiboot

zip fit liners

I sell zip fit liners, I don't stock them but I have an account with them.

Jeff

Beetlenut

Where did you purchase your ZipFit liners? I checked out their website and the only dealer on the east coast appeared to be in N.Y.. Are there any other dealers on the east coast? Their web site appears to not have been updated for several years.

I sell zip fit liners, I don't stock them but I have an account with them.

Jeff

I'm also interested in a pair and had the same questions. Jeff, if ordering through you, do you help with sizing and deciding which model to go with?

jaywbigred

Have Surefoot-ed it up the last few years. So far, I give it an overall C-. I'd say they improved my skiing performance wise, but almost no improvement comfort wise. I've probably been to the NYC Surefoot 5 times in the past 1.5 seasons, and another 3 trips to Sugarbush store, plus the initial 3 days of fitting = my feet still hurt.