• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

CW-X Men's 3/4 Insulator Expert Tight $49

wa-loaf

I know some folks swear by this stuff. I was searching around to find a deal on them and everyone only seemed to have them at $97.

I found a deal here, not sure how long it will last ... they also randomly gave me 10% off the order. Seems they are the online presence of Pinnacle Ski and Sport in Stowe.

http://www.skiessentials.com/browse.cfm/4,2301.html

deadheadskier

Staff member
That is a pretty good deal. I've looked at those. Is the 'conditioning' Web really just a gimmick though?

wa-loaf

This is a first for me, so I'll report back when I get to use them.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I used the CW-X Stabilyx tights all last winter for skiing and every time I run. They do make a difference. Definitely helps with delaying muscle fatigue and the support around my knees with the Stabilyx is similar to what I get from the Cho-Pat dual strap brace I have. They're pricey, but I think the CW-X tights are worth it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm in, thanks for the link. I wanted to get a new pair of baselayer pants anyway. Gonna do the customer pickup option since I'm gonna be in Stowe next week anyway.

Glenn

How long are the 3/4 lenght? Just under the knee?

I have the regular version of these. My wife bought a pair and swore by them. She then got me a pair for Christmas last year or the year before. I really like them. They really do a nice job of holding your knees and thighs..if I'm making any damn sense whatsoever. I really like them and wear them whenever I ski.

Grassi21

can anyone offer some feedback on sizing? do they run small, large? i didn't notice any sizing info in that link.

wa-loaf

can anyone offer some feedback on sizing? do they run small, large? i didn't notice any sizing info in that link.

I just checked Backcountry.com for the size (don't feel bad about it, they've gotten plenty of my money), which seems to be done by weight. XL is for 200lbs +

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
They will look like there is no way they will ever possibly fit you when you get them--they will. They're supportive so you want them snug. But the weight sizing chart is pretty accurate.

As for 3/4 length, mine fall maybe 3" or so below the knee. Definitely above the boot.

Grassi21

I just checked Backcountry.com for the size (don't feel bad about it, they've gotten plenty of my money), which seems to be done by weight. XL is for 200lbs +

hmmm. i'm only 5'7". the medium would be ideal for height... but i am at the high end of the weight scale for a large. what to do...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
hmmm. i'm only 5'7". the medium would be ideal for height... but i am at the high end of the weight scale for a large. what to do...

Go with weight. I had the same concern and was afraid it would be a problem but it really hasn't been.

BTW, full-length is so tight that I could not bunch them up outside my boots and you really don't want them in your boots. Just an FYI for anyone considering...

Glenn

I'm a little odd...I know.... With the full length, I just leave them where they fall...just above my ankles and boot over them. Sounds silly? Yeah. But it works because they're pretty darn tight (not uncomfortable) and don't bunch up on me. I tried rolling them up, but that just caused a huge amount of tighness over my calf.

o3jeff

I have the full length and just bunch them up above the boot. After the first day the cuff stretched out and I don't notice it at all.

powbmps

The price looks to be back up to $85 :cry:.

I don't know if the tights work, but they sure make me feel sexy :oops:. The 3/4 length would be perfect, as I'm always folding the bottoms up to keep them out of my boots.