• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you want to be a ski instructor/Get a free pass

Sparky

This is the notice that appears on the Jiminy Peak web site. They are having a hiring clinic on November 22nd and 23rd, If you are interested in joining us just follow the link below. It will be a fun weekend.

I have worked at this mountain for 11years now and have enjoyed every year. As shown above first year intrsuctors get a season pass and there is always plenty of great training.

Ski and Snowboard Instructors
Looking for energetic fun loving ski enthusiasts to instruct both ski and snowboarding. Ski instructors must be 14 years old and up, and Snowboarders must be 16 years old and up. Must be an intermediate rider or skier and able to negotiate down a blue square trail. Both positions are full time and part time, day and evening shifts and it is required that you are available for holidays and weekends.

http://www.jiminypeak.com/page.php?PageID=1430&PageName=Employment

You left out paying through the nose for PSIA-E dues!
Why is it PSIA-E has the largest enrollment in the United States and the Highest Dues in all of America?
Some kids just might make enough cash to giving lessons to cover the cost of dues, is it really worth it?
(I am a PSIS level III instructor and gave it up because of the price of dues).
But I do keep my USSA dues up to date.

highpeaksdrifter

This is the notice that appears on the Jiminy Peak web site. They are having a hiring clinic on November 22nd and 23rd, If you are interested in joining us just follow the link below. It will be a fun weekend.

I have worked at this mountain for 11years now and have enjoyed every year. As shown above first year intrsuctors get a season pass and there is always plenty of great training.

Looking for energetic fun loving ski enthusiasts to instruct both ski and snowboarding. Ski instructors must be 14 years old and up, and Snowboarders must be 16 years old and up. Must be an intermediate rider or skier and able to negotiate down a blue square trail. Both positions are full time and part time, day and evening shifts and it is required that you are available for holidays and weekends.

My 14 year old son is going to be a Jr. instructor at Whiteface this season (hopefully). He's really jazzed about it. It's called the Shadow Program. They help out the instructors, learn the ropes, etc. They don't get paid, but they get a pass, instructors discounts and training. When they turn 16 they are automatically on paid staff.

For me I've never wanted to work at a ski area..working while other people are skiing seemed like a drag,...

Chris I

I always had thoughts of instructing, but i know that i would get stuck on all the pow mornings. why aren't people born good. like i was

i actualy came out of my mothers vagina shredding pow.

im a coke baby.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Why is it PSIA-E has the largest enrollment in the United States and the Highest Dues in all of America?
Some kids just might make enough cash to giving lessons to cover the cost of dues, is it really worth it?

A lot of mountains don't require PSIA membership to teach . . .

In fact, PSIA Level 1 requires a certain amount of hours taught before you can even qualify

how many ski instructors does it take to change a light bulb?

eleven

one to turn the bulb and 10 to stand by and say "nice turns, nice turns" :-D

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
a friend of mine went to some job fair that breck had in nyc and she is going out there to be an instructor for the winter. she is self admitidly not a strong skier but they hired her anyway. she is just doing it for fun as she has plenty of money i just found it funny that they are hireing anyone.

Sparky

PSIA membership is not required.

I am a member of PSIA and I have to agree the dues are getting higher all the time. I could see where it would be difficult for younger instructors.

tree_skier

Most area's are desperate for instuctors.

The USSA dues are higher then the PSIA dues and you get less for them. Personnally I am a psia 3 and ussa almost 200 ( need the training enviroment and 1 management course).

How can you tell if you are riding the lift with an instructor???

Don't worry they will tell you.

What's the difference between god and a level 3 PSIA ?

God knows he can't ski.

campgottagopee

My 14 year old son is going to be a Jr. instructor at Whiteface this season (hopefully). He's really jazzed about it. It's called the Shadow Program. They help out the instructors, learn the ropes, etc. They don't get paid, but they get a pass, instructors discounts and training. When they turn 16 they are automatically on paid staff.

That sounds like an awesome program. I taught thru college and full time for several years after. Looking back now teaching skiing really helped me in my biz today. One of the most important tools an instuctor must have is group dynamics and that's something that he'll use for the rest of his life. Good luck to him!!!!!!

p.s. really helps with the chicks too :wink:

Sparky

It's that time of year. Please note that the Hiring clinic dates have not been determined yet. more then likely they will be just before or just after Thanksgiving, depending on snow.