• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Droid X...

WJenness

My Droid X came yesterday, and I've been playing with it quite a bit.

I'm really liking the android interface, and anxious to see what froyo (android 2.2 to be released at some point this summer for the Droid X) will do to it, as it already seems quite quick to me.

So far, the biggest downfall is that I think the Deal Droid app is going to drain my wallet severely. It's an aggregation app for the Tramdock/SteepandCheap/etc sites with a few others thrown in for good measure... It may not stay on the phone, because I feel like I'm going to be compulsively looking at it... but it's pretty neat!

I'll probably update this thread every now and again to share my thoughts on the device... I'll probably point some folks at the thread because I got a lot of 'oh, I'm thinking about that, tell me how you like it.' type comments.

Anyone else out there using the Droid X or any other android phones?

Any apps that I need to go download?

-w

bvibert

Staff member

bvibert

Staff member
So far, the biggest downfall is that I think the Deal Droid app is going to drain my wallet severely. It's an aggregation app for the Tramdock/SteepandCheap/etc sites with a few others thrown in for good measure... It may not stay on the phone, because I feel like I'm going to be compulsively looking at it... but it's pretty neat!

BTW - Thanks for pointing that app out, I just installed it... I think I'll be getting rid of it soon though!!! :eek:

Glenn

Sounds like a cool phone! I'm interested to see one of these up close. There are a lot of cool phones out there right now.

mlctvt

I've got the Droid X, got it on launch day. So far I love it. Reception is great. It is large but the screen is fantastic. This is my first smartphone so I'm only using several apps so far.
Slacker is my favorite. I had the slacker G1 device but it's so much nicer and more convenient to have it on my phone.

There is a problem with the Droid X connecting to MS corporate Exchange server 2003. Motorola is aware of the problem and they are working on it. A software update within the next 1-2 weeks should fix this. The original Droid and the Droid Incredible didn't have this problem.

dmc

IThere is a problem with the Droid X connecting to MS corporate Exchange server 2003. Motorola is aware of the problem and they are working on it. A software update within the next 1-2 weeks should fix this.

That would elevated it to brick status for me.. Unless there's another wayy to access Exchange...

mlctvt

That would elevated it to brick status for me.. Unless there's another wayy to access Exchange...

The Touchdown App works perfectly right now, but it costs $20 after the 30-day free trial.