• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Drving Northern NJ to Sugarbush...any suggestions?

gores95

NYDrew said:
Cross on double, since when? As one of the youngest in here (therefore most up-to-date on driving rules) I can definately say that you can't do that in ny. Last time I picked up a driving handbook was about 7 years ago though.

Can't do it here in NJ either but curiously they allow it in VT!!! :dunce:

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I89 to Middlesex exit

IMHO I go with the 95/91/89 way.

But....even tho it's longer in miles, going on I89 to the Middlesex exit 9 then down 100B to Rt100 is just as fast and alot safer than the Bethel exit/Bethel Mtn Rd/rt100, the Randolph exit or the Northfield exit then Lovers Lane then over Warrren/Roxbury Gap.

If you have a need for some adventure definately do the Roxbury Gap. The bad part is short, maybe 2 miles but watch out for those two hairpin turns on the Warren side. After the first one you think your pretty much down and then you hit the second one. :lol:

The Thruway to Rt149 to Rt4 thru Rutand etc works but you are driving 80 miles on local roads and getting thru Rutland can be a major pain.

I have driven each way countless times over the last 40 years although only once from Jersey.

Any of the ways mentioned will get you there.

noski

Re: Hope it works.

smootharc said:
P.S.

The VT welcome center is great at the NY/ VT border. Water, bathrooms, tons of literature, and a nice little kids area.

Brandon is a great little town, with a super bunch of shops and eats along a brick fronted main street.

There are a few unexpected turns on 73 over the mountain - sharp 90 degree ones that kind of sneak up on you, so be alert.

The run up 100 from 73 has 2 cutie towns with eats and a few shops, and a great nature area in the Granville Gulf reservation, an idyllic 7 mile stretch. Nice little stop off to see the frozen falls. Watch for Moose, and, though I've never run into it, sometimes black ice.

Have a great time in a great valley.
You're hired. Come and see me to sign your W-2.

gores95

illmatic said:
suggestions?

yeah. cancel your trip. it's gonna be a washout.

C'mon man you gotta have faith! Isnt't Northern VT gonna get hammered this weekend? Out trip is not until Feb 2 so lots of time for SNOW!!!

smootharc

Re: Hope it works.

noski said:
smootharc said:
P.S.

The VT welcome center is great at the NY/ VT border. Water, bathrooms, tons of literature, and a nice little kids area.

Brandon is a great little town, with a super bunch of shops and eats along a brick fronted main street.

There are a few unexpected turns on 73 over the mountain - sharp 90 degree ones that kind of sneak up on you, so be alert.

The run up 100 from 73 has 2 cutie towns with eats and a few shops, and a great nature area in the Granville Gulf reservation, an idyllic 7 mile stretch. Nice little stop off to see the frozen falls. Watch for Moose, and, though I've never run into it, sometimes black ice.

Have a great time in a great valley.
You're hired. Come and see me to sign your W-2.

I'm not signing anything until I see my $1,000,000.00 signing bonus in my Swiss bank account. Sheesh.....think I was born yesterday ?

:dunce: