• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Early December Arctic blast..how low can it go..

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
-8 this morning at 7:00
If I have to deal with negative temps, the least mother nature can do is throw some snow our way. About the only thing -8 with 2 inches of superfluff snow on the ground is good for is killing hibernating ticks.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Mrg

MRG temperature plot looks like the DJIA!

genplot.php

loafer89

We made it up to 19.4F today so it was our first offical day with a high in the teens.

Wachusett will be nice and toasty tonight.

Greg

Staff member
We just crossed into the 50 degree territory with a roaring south wind. 36 hours ago it was 10. WTF? :blink: Welcome to New England, I guess. :-?

loafer89

We just crossed into the 50 degree territory with a roaring south wind. 36 hours ago it was 10. WTF? :blink: Welcome to New England, I guess. :-?

What are you growing palm tree's in Thomaston? :lol:

Still in the 40's here with 46.2F currently and sloooooooowly creeping upward.

A yo yo could not match the temperature cycle as of late.

Warp Daddy

19 degrees in a snowstorm this am schools closed ----

we skied yesterday in a blizzard but it took an extra hr on the roads coming home -- but great skiing

drjeff

58 here in CT right now. I almost worked up a sweat as I was trying to muscle the thule crossbars on my wife's car this AM so she could go get an x-mas tree today. Weatherman says to expect it to be raining sideways here in a bit, and based on the winds we have here from time to time right now, I believe it!

Atleast all of the road grime from VT this past weekend will get washed off my car today as it sits in the parking lot at my office! :rolleyes:

danny p

Atleast all of the road grime from VT this past weekend will get washed off my car today as it sits in the parking lot at my office! :rolleyes:

yup, that was the only positive thing I could come up with this morning!

drjeff

yup, that was the only positive thing I could come up with this morning!

My business partner has actually been known to put a bit of Simple Green soap on his car on days like this to aid in the cleaning process!

Personally I hope that my car gets really DIRTY this weekend in VT due to the need for CONSTANT plowing/sanding! :snow: