• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ever go jumping around your neighborhood?

S

Statyk

i couldnt get to a mountain today...so me and a friend just built some jumps in our neighborhood. it was pretty fun i suggest you try it sometime...our neighborhood is quite flat but i managed a fakie 180 off my rock wall... =/

ill try a 3 or 180 cross next time =D

go out and try it

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Statyk said:
i couldnt get to a mountain today...so me and a friend just built some jumps in our neighborhood. it was pretty fun i suggest you try it sometime...our neighborhood is quite flat but i managed a fakie 180 off my rock wall... =/

ill try a 3 or 180 cross next time =D

go out and try it
Thats funny because I heard music pumping a few houses down today a saw my neighbors kid boarding over jumps and a small hill that he built in his back yard. Almost went over with my skies.

cyrk007

i do that.. plus there is state land behind my parents house and i have a snowmobile.. so i take do some backcountry stuff

I work construction and can use the bulldozer to build kickers.. :)

djspookman

back in high school and college I built a mini park at my parents house, it was lighted too! I had a 3' gap jump, a 3' kicker, and a 8' rail. That was a looong time ago:) We had to build an 8 foot tall start ramp because the hill in the backyard wasn't steep enough to get going fast enough to get much air. ahh.. the good old days! I'm hoping to build some jumps once I move into my new place in 2 weeks though.. its been waaa too long since I had my own park!:)

B

beswift

Try skiing off of your roof. Put a ladder up, pile enough snow for a jump and make sure there's enough to land on.

RossiSkier

Reminds me of those guys in the last couple of Warren Miller films who were stuck on a farm in Idaho and built jumps out of hay bales. What ever floats you boat baby! Don't stop flying!

ctenidae

Whenever I jump around my neighborhood, everyone looks at me funny. Maybe I should put on skis and find some bumps, though. Or at least get a Pogo stick...
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure if you tried to do any jumping in Boston, you'd get arrested so fast it'll knock your bindings off.

awf170

I wish i could my neighboorhood is so flat and my yard is so small i couldnt do anything, but i do sometimes go up to a sledding hill like 5 minutes away from my house and make a jump, everyone kind of looks at u weird though because it is all sledders and sometimes a snowboarder but never skiers.