• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2022-2023. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

ThatGuy

Seriously…going to feel like mid-January tomorrow
2-4” will go a long way especially with no crowds though…

zyk

Western edge of the catskills... 2 inches and still snowing. Temp down to 28. I like snow in the mountains this time of year but not the yard. Makes spring work a bit difficult.

jimk

As of this date, April 1, 2023, I've been in Utah for 70 days. During that time Snowbird's year to date snowfall total went from approx 300 to 750". If you do the math that averages almost exactly 6" per day. The last two weeks of March received over three feet each. There is another storm predicted for this Sun-Tues that could total 2-3 more feet. It's incredible and truly reaching the point of too much of a good thing. Both BCC and LCC access roads are closing frequently night and day for plowing and avalanche mitigation work. About once a week or more vacationers are having their visits staying up in LCC brought to a halt for 6 to 24 hours by "interlodge" conditions, meaning: no driving, no skiing, no stepping outside the lodge buildings at Alta or Snowbird. This is no April Fools joke. This winter in the Wasatch is historic.

Can't wait for @ss20 's recap of his season at Alta.;)

Last edited:

MidnightJester

Seems most mountains lost about half their trail counts do to icing over last night. Only groomed terrain is open most areas. Now to hope for sun and warmth and a little Snow.

Kingslug20

I'm outta here tuesday...Utah for another 8 days...
If anyone is thinking of going...nows the time..
Feet of snow predicted...alta/bird prolly going to get locked down again...
It's why I base out of PC...alta for the weekend...looks calm.

RH29

Chance of one last cement dump on Monday. Mountain Forecast is pretty optimistic at least at elevation and upwards of 20" is possible in and around Mt Washington per the GFS, with up to a foot in southern/central VT. Elevation dependent and it'd very heavy wet snow, except maybe at some high peaks.

Scottyskis2

Snow coming for NH hopefully some people get to the powder day and I posted in this thread because it relates to weather

"The calendar might read mid-May but the White Mountains will feel more like late March Weds into Thurs morning. Full details are available at https://www.mountwashington.org/experience-the-weather/higher-summit-forecast.aspx. And similar to late March, all summit facilities remain closed for the season over this forecast period.,"

RH29

Sugarbush, MRG, and Jay got dustings to coatings this morning.

Smellytele

Drove through Franconia notch today and it was snow from Lincoln to just past Cannon. lightly and not sticking.
Friends/family reported same in Old Town, Me and St. Albans, VT.

djd66

So, does June count for this season or next? Mount Washington is getting close to setting a new monthly snowfall record.
I have always question the same thing. So if I ski in South America in June, Jul and August - which year do you count the day twords?