• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FS: 2006 Volkl AC3, 170 cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
I'm selling my 2006 Volkl AC3s with Marker Motion bindings. There's definitely some wear on these, mostly some top sheet chipping, but there is still a lot of life left in them. Edges are good and base is fine. I only skied them twice last year so it's time to move them out of the basement. Fun ski. Very stable, yet a lot of pop if you push them.

170 cm, 116-74-102

$230 and I'll ship them to you, $200 if you meet me somewhere convenient (CT).

ac3.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
If they weren't midget skis I'd consider it.. ;) :p

Seriously seems like a good deal, just too short for me.

Greg

Staff member
Great deal. I sold them on Ebay for $300 plus shipping few months ago.

That's in line with what I've seen on eBay. Mine are still in decent shape, but I have to be honest that there is some wear from 50 hard days on them. I figured $200 was a fair price considering.

Grassi21

I bet Mr Evil buys them in order to continue his pursuit of being as radical as Greg.

2knees

you need to autograph those bad boys and hang 'em in the Alpinezone hall of fame.

MR. evil

I bet Mr Evil buys them in order to continue his pursuit of being as radical as Greg.

That hurt Grassi........From now on no more wise cracks out of you until you sack up and actually ski in next years bump comp.

Greg

Staff member
I'm actually considering it, Greg.

I have one other very interested party, but no firm commitment yet. Lemme check with him.

They're fun skis you wont regret getting them. They stick to groomers like stink on a monkey. Great on ice too.

Agreed. There were a few times last season that I wished I had them over the skis I was on. They are far better on hard pack than my Legends or Cabrawlers. A decent natural snow ski too despite only having a 74mm waist.

jack97

Agreed. There were a few times last season that I wished I had them over the skis I was on. They are far better on hard pack than my Legends or Cabrawlers. A decent natural snow ski too despite only having a 74mm waist.

Hmm.... Legends and cabrawler, dynastar and k2; ski known for a softer flex. Volkl on the stiff side, yet better on hardpack.

Slight hijack.... dynastar twister was rather troublesome on boilerplate, stuff my volkl g3 would have stuck to. I think I narrowed down my next ski for the bumps...... thanks!

Greg

Staff member
I have one other very interested party, but no firm commitment yet. Lemme check with him.

Just a follow-up, my interested party is still interested and has pretty much committed to buying them. If for some reason, it falls through, I'll follow up here.

Greg

Staff member
Just a follow-up, my interested party is still interested and has pretty much committed to buying them. If for some reason, it falls through, I'll follow up here.

The skis are sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.