• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1/3/2006 (Night)

2knees

Greg said:
Greg said:
bvibert said:
Greg said:
Oh, by the way, Dotty also indicated terrain expansion in the future is likely!

Awesome! I've been wondering when they would expand. Now the question is where and when...
And that's been asked... ;)
It's too early to mention anything as they're apparently still very early in the planning stages.

i would think it has to be to the right, looking up, next to the little separate beginners area. The backside is all private land unless they purchased it. Or at least that is what a patroller told me last year. He actually told me how they tried to get the little woods run behind the sundeck at the top to be an official trail but were not allowed based on some regulation. I've personally been going far less in the last 8 or 9 years because they stopped allowing gunbarrel to bump up. (that and 2 kids now) Occasionally they would let stinger grow bumps but invariably would knock them down too. I've always felt they should let one run grow them but i understand their clientele (ie snowboarders and lots of newbies) arent looking for that.

Catul

bvibert said:
Not sure why Temptor is a double black, it used to be single. I assumed they intended to bump it up to live up to its double black status, but they never have that I've seen.

I was there yesterday (Sunday 1/8 ) with my daughter and noticed that they had huge moguls on Temptor - finally living up to its (relative) double-black status :)