• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Funny Ski Definitions

thaller1

Grooming Report:

Daily account of the state of the current snow cover at a ski area, usually described by a few common terms like packed powder (wet slush), packed powder (glare ice), packed powder (frozen granules), packed powder (broken crust), and packed powder (bare earth).

Snow Snake:

Invisible, malevolent creature whom skiers blame for causing their falls. Other evil denizens of the slopes include the rack rat, who knocks over propped-up skis, the pole cat, who snatches poles from skiers' hands on the chairlift, and the piste weasel, who tricks them into thinking they can ski down a ridiculously difficult course.

Fe Nunez

Nice one pal.
May I know where did you get this definition?:D

thaller1

I have a book called "Ski-ing"

1.n. the art of catching cold and going broke while rapidly heading nowhere at great personal risk.

I've read it a thousand times and I still laugh!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
alp:

European skier's shout for assistance

bindings:

Automatic mechanisms that protect skiers from potentially serious injury during a fall by releasing skis from boots, sending the skis skittering across the slope where they trip two other skiers, and so on and on, eventually causing the entire slope to be protected from serious injury

Last edited: