• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Mtn, NY: 2/13 - 2/15

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Hey I skied Gore this weekend.

Saturday, Gore skied like late December .... firm mostly, but good under the guns.

They were blowing on Rumor, Open Pit and Lower Steilhang.

If you don't mind lapping the same trail over and over (I don't) today was really nice. I think I did 12 laps on Rumor. I'd maybe done Rumor 12 laps my entire life before today.

One highlight was finally getting to makes some turns with MattChuck2. That guy is fun to watch, especially in the bumps.

Sunday, for some reason, was incredible. With maybe an inch of new snow, and no additional snowmaking things were really good. Especially considering there is almost zero natural snow in the mix right now.

Monday
was a half day, and more of a social occasion. Still I got to ski with Zach, and total TELERIPPER and I got some good pics of him in action.

My blog, Harvey Road, started like Billski's master weather page ... as a decision-making tool. A big collection of links and feeds, so that I could have all the info in one place.

This weekend proves that sometimes there is just no telling. The data didn't indicate a great weekend at Gore.

I went because I probably CAN'T ski this upcoming weekend, and three weeks is too long to go without skiing in Feb.

It was a great time against all odds. Sometimes you just gotta go.