• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore/Snowmobiling 1/4-1/6

bill9009

Me and my buddies just got back from a ski/snowmobile trip, we found some decent natural snow on 1/4 and decided to snowmobile that day at perkins clearing, north of Speculator NY, then we headed back up to Gore for skiimg 1/5 but I lost my truck keys so we were stuck in the house for the day till my fiance got off work at 4pm and drove my spare keys up from Saratoga, so we finally make it to the mountain 1/6 for some pretty horrible conditions. We made the best of it though. It is definately not worth making another trip to gore until it gets colder, to make it worse I still never found my keys, oh well

IMG_4944.jpg

snow.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

loafer89

Nice that you got to do some sledding and skiing. We used to do that all the time at Sugarloaf when we snowmobiled in the Stratton-Eustis area. But that was back when this strange white stuff used to fall from the sky and pile up nice and fluffy.:lol: