• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Help me Choose a New VZW Smartphone

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Been looking at some S4 reviews...do you have any issues with the plastic cover on the back? Heard about the good (access to battery, SD card) but wonder how durable it would be. Other concern would be size, I'm used to my smaller "dumb phone" so this will be an adjustment.

No issues with the plastic at all, so far. It's so thin that the size isn't a big deal at all. I really like it so far. I do have it in a very thin TPU case to help protect it, normaly I don't use cases but this phone is kinda slippery when nekked :)

dmc

They're replacing our Android phones at work with iPhones and I can't wait. The current ones are older Samsungs running on Gingerbread and the OS runs like sheeeeeiiit. The browser crashes daily.

The company I work for uses iPhones too...
Pretty sweet. Nice to not pay for the phone and the plan... :)

Edd

The company I work for uses iPhones too...
Pretty sweet. Nice to not pay for the phone and the plan... :)

I could use my work smart phone as my primary but I'm too paranoid to cross the streams of my private and work life. Sometimes I'm extremely inappropriate and it would be just like me to fire off an F bomb filled text to some bigwig by accident.

hammer

Pulled the trigger on a Samsung Galaxy S4. Son got a Nokia Lumina 928, he liked the Windows interface better than the Android.

dmc

I could use my work smart phone as my primary but I'm too paranoid to cross the streams of my private and work life. Sometimes I'm extremely inappropriate and it would be just like me to fire off an F bomb filled text to some bigwig by accident.

I but dialed my boss last night at the Phish concert.... :)

Edd

Pulled the trigger on a Samsung Galaxy S4. Son got a Nokia Lumina 928, he liked the Windows interface better than the Android.

I imagine you'll both be happy. Those are a couple of bad ass phones.

xwhaler

So I ended up finally getting a new phone just yesterday. I was eligible for an upgrade back in July but I ended up waiting for a deal to come through that was too hard to pass up. Got the LG G2 which is on sale thru VZW for $50 after rebate through today.
Incredible phone...5.2" screen, blazing fast and a great camera. I won't use this phone to probably even 15% of its true capability but just feels so much nicer than the old Droid Bionic I was coming from.

I'm sure other phones have this but a cool feature is the infared/bluetooth remote control you can pair your tv/blu ray/audio to the phone and use the phone as a remote. I did find you had to be pretty close (like within 6') to really have it work flawlessly so not sure how much I'll actually use it.