• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hewlett Packard Printers???

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm in the market for a good printer for our computers...Dell Latitude D610 Pentium M laptops with Windows XP Pro.

For some reason, I can't get away from the idea of having an all in one unit, including scanner, printer, and copier. :)

One model I'm looking at is the HP 1610 OIA Model:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat68300050001&id=1099388906831 I've read some rave reviews and a couple bad ones...though the other AIO models from other brands are mentioning similar problems. :blink: :-?

So, do any of you have HP Printers? AIO models? What do you think? :-?

BeanoNYC

I have a HP psc 2200 AOI. I like it a lot. Prints, Fax, Scanner, Copier ..... has slots for all camera memory cards. Like all printers, my complaint is efficiency on ink cartridges.

I read an article recently that said HP will be coming out with an ink efficient printer soon. It will cost more, obviously, but it comes with 6 seperate ink cartridges. This way when one color runs out, all you have to do is replace that color rather than a whole color ink cartridge. And these 6 cartridges come relatively cheap. I'm hoping that they come out with an AIO with that technology.

loafer89

I have an HP 2610XI all in one and the scanner esolution is really nice. I have only had it for about one month, so I can't really give you an honest opinion on how all the functions of the all in one perform just yet.

I bought mine at BJ'S for $229, the scanner surface area could be a little bit bigger, but that costs much more $$$$$.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So we ended up going and buying the printer...nice piece...got it all set up here and it's working really nicely. Got the store warranty through Best Buy so if we have any problems we take it to them for help.