• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hockey

wintersyndrome

I know that the NHL is hardly a blip on most peoples radars, but the NY Islanders dealing for Ryan Smyth, the biggest trade at the deadline, for one of the premeir stars in the game is a breath of fresh air for the team...hockey till june

dmc

Actually watched the Islanders last night for a while... (I love Hocky on HD TV)...

Jason Blake was pretty awesome...

Getting Smyth is an incredible move for them...

That being said... LETS GO RANGERS! And anyone who's playing Philly...

SKIQUATTRO

starting to get back into the NHL, i think working for them turned me off for a while, I was just overloaded with NHL hockey everyday........great sport...

SKIQUATTRO

Syndrome: I worked for NHL Productions, we were resonsible for pulling down every satelight feed of every game every night..we had 'loggers' which would watch 2 games a day and log every single hit (legal only) shots on net, passes etc, very very tedious job, would take about 4 hrs to log a game....that way if espn called and was looking for Gretsky taking a wristshot on net from the righside of the ice we could find it...yes, it was that detaied....I worked on the editing side, so we did all the teasers for the all star games, regular nhl games, the fast paces clips to music you see, the end of year "greatest hits" videos, NHL bloopers etc....was fun, met alot of players, we did all NHL interviews..anything that the NHL put on TV we did (except for the actual broadcast)

Zand

Bruins are up and down, but they need the win tonight against Philly. I went to Monday's game against Atlanta. Like always, the Bruins spent more time passing and holding than shooting. Even with 5 seconds to go, Mara just stood there with the puck instead of trying one last shot to tie it.

With the AHL back in Worcester, I've been paying a lot of attention to that too. Sharks got a big win against Springfield last night and are back into a playoff spot and now have a game against Providence tomorrow at 8 (which I should be going to). Gonna be a good one.

NYDrew

LETS GO ISLANDERS

and for tonight (lets go philly, rangers [:(], washington, and dallas)

so far I have correctly predicted the past 9 NHL eastern division games. of course I always predict in the isles best interest.

Goblin84

the plates on my car say "GOSABRS" need I say more??

some buddies of mine did some really cool work with GIS and hockey. They mapped out the location of each shot, the type of shot, and the result (wide, goal, block, where the shot was placed on net...and so on).... I love hockey. Plus went to a big D1 Hockey school in Upstate New York

Zand

THE BRUINS SUCK

I guess I should've figured that out based on every year since 1972. :(

Zand

The silencing of the Meadowlands... I love it... Bruins shuting out the Devils after 2.

Hawkshot99

I love hockey. Plus went to a big D1 Hockey school in Upstate New York

Clarkson? I almost went there. Was accepted and all set, but didnt want to be in the lower end of the class so I went to the CC, for a year, only to realize I didnt want engineering.

FRITOLAYGUY

Ok ill admit i dont watch much hockey put what a punkass that guy is who got checked into the wall legally last night then took it out on that other dude and nearly took his head off.