• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Days Did You Get This Season, (If you keep track) and Did You Set a New Record? How Does This Season Rank in Your Memory?

ThatGuy

I’m going for day 60 tomorrow, which will be 9 days more than last season (my previous record). Honestly if March didn’t come through strong this would’ve been a disappointing season quality wise (which is what I care more about than quantity). 2020-2021 was a top season for me even though I only got 30 days the snow was consistently great for most of the winter due to lack of crowds and rain.

cdskier

41 days. My record is 47 (in the 2020-2021 season when I was working full-time remote from VT and was able to get out pretty much every single Friday afternoon after work).

Quality wise this season was ok. I'd probably rate it around a B or B-. And that's only because it was saved by a good March and April. There were some great mid-winter snowy days in March and then in April we had some terrific spring days. January and February were utterly disappointing for the most part. Even March was tempered a bit by the rain and thaw/freeze we had on a Friday/Friday night the week we had 2-3 feet of snow mid-week. So it was all fucked up for the weekend skiers like myself. Without that rain/thaw/freeze even that week in March, maybe it would have been bumped up to a B+ (or if I wasn't working and could ski mid-week during the storm that week it also could have been bumped up).

AdironRider

61, personal best 130 something was back in Jackson when I was early 20's and had zero responsibility.

jaytrem

Not sure on number of days, but looks like I'm at 38 different ski areas for the year. 23 new ones for me, that far exceeds my goal of 10 new per year. Finally got a proper trip to Oregon, been there two low snow years. Also, finally pulled the trigger on Eastern WY/Terry Peak/Red Lodge, that one was always tricky due to ski areas opening and closing. Deer Mountain which is next to Terry Peak is currently closed, so didn't get that one. Hernia surgery is on Tuesday, so I'm done except for some summer indoor skiing. Excellent season, picked the right one to go west a lot.

jimk

I'm in the high 50s and may or may not surpass my all time high of 61 in the next couple of weeks. Got a home improvement project that could take a lot of my remaining time in UT.

I have some mixed (mostly good) feelings about this season I spent in Utah. There were A great many fun ski days, powder and otherwise, but they also came with a lot of stress. Stress fighting for untracked lines before the pow was all chewed up, stress fighting the traffic up access roads, stress looking for a parking spot when they were hard to find due to mobs, stress about whether I'd get down the access road after it snowed all day. Stress on the body from a lot of challenging skiing. By the time of the snowmageddon in early April it was like...enough snow already:) Give me those quiet sunny ski days I've known from recent past Aprils out here.

So it was a great season, but also a demanding one here in powder country. Now the May skiing is no stress and I'm enjoying it very much even though there are no more powder days and instead slush by mid-day. The access roads and ski areas are empty and I can choose from three that are staying open for much of May and beyond: Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton.

By the way, for all the headlines about hassels with crowds, traffic, parking, I only paid for parking once (at Solitude with a buddy that was in a hurry to get 3 hours of skiing before a long drive). I skied Soli 17 times so far. I skied Snowbird 33 days so far and got good parking on 32 of those days at the Bird. One weekend day in Feb I drove up to Snowbird with son and daughter. Could not find parking spot, daughter volunteered to drive car back down mtn while son and I skied and rode bus down canyon at end of day. I drove up to Brighton with a buddy one sunny (non-powder) Friday afternoon in March. Couldn't find parking at 1230pm, drove back and forth to Solitude. It was packed too, finally got in Soli lot at 2pm. Otherwise, I always managed to find free and often slopeside parking this winter.

Last edited:

Hawk

Didn't keep a real count. Somewhere around 50+. Basically an average year. Nowhere near my high of +100 days just after college. I have been done since Sugarbush closed 2 weeks ago. I am now racking up days on my mountan and road bikes.

4aprice

Got 50 days. Not the most I ever gotten but by far the most over the last decade. 16 days out west, 3 Northern New England and the rest here at home. Some of the skiing here was below standard due to the weather, but it was great just to get out and once again the I found the cost of the pass to be so worth it. I think I probably skied in more fog and cloudy, dark weather then ever before. Hit it lucky with our weekend to Loon in early March with a nice foot plus dump and out west there was more snow then I think I have ever seen before and fresh snow to be had even days after a snow fall of which there were several.

IMG_3595.JPG
To show what a difficult season it was here at home (The Pocono Mountains) I like show this picture and joke that Camelback came up with a new earthy shade of snow. As nasty as it looks it was warm, soft and actually skied quite well.

KustyTheKlown

49. i sacrifice day 50 to ullr.

i've only hit 50 twice, and sometimes its a struggle to hit 40. so days was a big win.

for me this was an A grade season despite our poor early season due to the quality of my days. my days were longer and stronger skiied due to increased physicalfitness. and i still managed to ski some big powder even during the shitty early season by driving my ass to Canada. my western trip was easily the best consistent extended conditions i have ever skied.

great season

Tonyr

I got in 30 days, the most I've skied in a season was 70 days during the 20/21 season. This year, snow wise, was the best season that I have ever had. Around half the days we skied this season were powder days.

JimG.

Staff member
50 days. Pretty average. But also the first time to 50 since 2018-19.

Most of the season was painfully average; sporadic and below average natural snow until March and the first 2 weeks of April which were awesome. I'll take it.

snoseek

50ish. I had quite a few years I hit 100 in the past but I'm living a different life now. Bonus is I don't have to give up my summers anymore

drjeff

I skied 66 days this year, which ties my "adult era" most number of days in a single season record. Had some seasons back in the late 80's when I was doing a bunch of racing in Highschool where I was skiing 75/80 days a season

abc

I don’t keep count of days. Despite having skied many decades, I never like the concept of “ski day”, because some days are longer than 2 of those short days combined! And some of those short days, frankly, I’d probably be just as happy staying in the office! ☹️

But if I count my “ski days”, especially if I include the cross country (of mostly 2-3 hours) “day”, I probably are at record, if not smashing it.

Skiing-wise, this had been a good season. Got a bunch of powder days, some with relatively little crowds. Plus some gorgeous sunny days too, especially some of my cross country days.

That said, it’s also been a season of disappointment also. My point of contact in Colorado got Covid, so I was not able to hook up with. And the potential skiing buddies I was count on my friend to hook me up with. I don’t mind skiing alone some of the time. But not having anyone to share the good runs just feels only half as good.

Scottyskis2

Zero but it's OK I stopped skiing in 2020 after the season and over because of my huntingdon disease but I still read here and ny blog and love skiing discussions same with talking to people that skiing or snowboarding in the our side world and meet few people who enjoy going down snowy hills in Rhinebeck close to Catamount and can see the Catskills from my hu disease nursing home breath area of ny