• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How'd you select your username?

Greg

Staff member
I'm not that creative, I guess... :roll:

ctenidae

Habit. 10 years ago when I set up a Yahoo account, I wanted something that didn't have a zillion numbers after it, so I picked up the Audubon Field Guide to North American Insects, flipped through until I found a cool one, and bing- ctenidae is the genus name for Wandering Spiders. Been my login for everything ever since. Only one around, as far as I know.

Max

LOL...that's cool. Until today I always thought you were E. Nidae from Connecticut! :D

ctenidae

There have been many interpretations- lots of people have tried to figure out what the C-10 Idea is.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Max said:
LOL...that's cool. Until today I always thought you were E. Nidae from Connecticut! :D
At first I thought it was "CT any day", thinking you were some freak from Boston with an odd fettish for all things Connecticut. :roll:

Mine comes from a mix up with the uniform company at work. My boss must have just given them my first name, and Uni-1st just tacked Smith on the end. The "smitty" nickname only stuck for a while at work, so I figured I'd keep it alive on the good ol' WWW. The 77 is the number of my favorite (now former and retired) Boston Bruins player.

Now you know....

BeanoNYC

My two biggest fears in life is drowning (thats why I became a lifeguard) and farting in yoga class. I take a lot of Beano before I exercise. It was a user name I've had for a long time, so it just stuck. If I could change it now, I probably would.

awf170

my initials, first used it when i was in 5th. The numbers are there because awf wasnt available on AOL, kinda wished i just cut the stupid numbers off when i didnt need them...

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Street Hockey....

I wasn't very good, so they used to give me a hard time....so they called me Brettski (ie Gretsky)..I guess because I was very...ummm enthusiastic...this is all before I started to ski

I am a much better (ICE) hockey player now....much better...(OK, maybe a little slower)

EDIT: Which was a LONG time ago...it has since been reduced to just "ski"

noski

Pretty obvious, or at least I thought so until someone thought I was a snowboarder living in the MRV. And, no, I don't prefer skiing at Mt Ellen (aka Sugarbush North). If you ever see me on skis it will only be because I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. I am, however, a good FOS (friend of skiing).

pedxing

Because I look just like the guy on the sign!

(Actually it's my trail name, and that's another story)