• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Huge Thunderstorms!

Zand

Getting hit right now with the 4th storm since 7 AM. 3 have triggered severe warnings although none of them have really been severe. Just a bunch of rain and lightning and light wind gusts. Not nearly as bad as that storm earlier in the month after the 100 degree day.

drjeff

Getting hit right now with the 4th storm since 7 AM. 3 have triggered severe warnings although none of them have really been severe. Just a bunch of rain and lightning and light wind gusts. Not nearly as bad as that storm earlier in the month after the 100 degree day.

These storms the last few days, while localized, have been real frequent nd putting down a bunch of water if your in that small corridor where they've been hitting.

Just need to get a cold front with some gusto to push through from the West and get things moving in the atmosphere with respect to that really stubborn upper level low parked over Eastern Canada the last 10 days or so.

Greg

Staff member
We had a real ripper of a storm come through last night around 10:30. Lots of loud thunder and lightning and the rain was roaring down. I heard there were reports of hail in my town on the news this morning.

bvibert

Staff member
We had a real ripper of a storm come through last night around 10:30. Lots of loud thunder and lightning and the rain was roaring down. I heard there were reports of hail in my town on the news this morning.

That missed us for the most part, we heard some thunder and saw some lightning flashes, but it didn't seem that bad. Not bad enough to pause the movie and go check it out at least.. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Looks like we might have a little rain moving through here in a bit, which kinda sucks since my bike is on the roof of my car at the moment...

Greg

Staff member
Looks like we might have a little rain moving through here in a bit, which kinda sucks since my bike is on the roof of my car at the moment...

Free bath.

Hopefully that will be the last of it and the trails dry out nicely for us.

I've been loving all the big thunderstorms..the storms around midnight washed most of the bird poop off my car...JEA!!!

wa-loaf

Wow, we just got nailed with a bunch of 1/4 - 1/2 inch hail. Wife ran out to the garden to throw a sheet on the plants. I'm not so fast these days. Looks like only a couple branches got knocked off the tomato plants.

powderman

The thunderstorms are back here in CT. I haven't heard thunder this loud in a while

powderman

The sun came out yet it's still raining wicked hard. Where's the rainbow? :???:

drjeff

Errr, stupid t-storms look like there going to hit my area just about as I get out of work :mad: I was hoping to get outside for a bit this evening a get a good sweat going at the track. Now I guess it will just be the treadmill to nowhere in my basement tonight for excercise :(

FRITOLAYGUY

Ive had a thunderstorm here in Orlando 14 of the last 17days. I used to think i saw some bad storms up in CT but they pail in comparison to how intense they are here and how long they can last, the lightining is amazing here.

mondeo

Renamed this thread since we're talking about the NE now... :) I think it's going to be a stormy night....

hfd_None_anim.gif

Looks pretty calm to me.