• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter, Monday, 1/21/08 PM only

kcyanks1

Weather: Cold, but not as bad as yesterday at Gore despite what I thought was a worse forecast. Still cold enough I didn't want to attempt pictures.

Conditions: Soft moguls on trails with snowmaking or what appeared to be recent snowmaking; hard packed/ice on most groomed trails or mogul trails that likely had not received recent snow.

Best picks: Clare's (guns running), K-27 (same), and the Milky Way. All had soft moguls with relatively few hard spots in between. Those runs were all lots of fun. For the groomed runs, Eisenhower Dr. (right side was groomed, left closed with a mogul course) was the best, followed by Hellgate I think.

Not as good:
Upper Crossover and Minya Konka had icy moguls, other groomed trails.

Overall a fun day. They are blowing snow like crazy, and the mountain is very well covered and mostly open.