• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I am a POWDER skier. Period.

jaywbigred

I get being a powder hound if your a backcountry guy like JD. But lift serviced powder make skiing too much like a rat race/work. Getting up early, sitting in traffic, waiting in long lines, competing with your fellow skiers and racing to your favorite lines before their tracked out...very tiring.

I guess what I mean is I like powder, but I don't like the general "powder culture," if there is such a thing. Everyone needs to relax and have a beer or a hong bit.

jrmagic

^ I miss my old Apogee... that was the smoothing hong I ever bit;-)

I primarily ski at one mountian and will ski whatever is there. Of course I love powder but the only bad ski days are the days I'm not skiing.

skiadikt

This is what I do & I am good at it!! Nothing gets me motivated like powder. I'll drive at night for hours in a storm to get to my beloved powder in the morning. For me powder is the ultimate skiing experience:-o:-o

say it isn't true. what have you done w/ the dis ...

Greg

Staff member
BB is dominating the powder old school style and rackin it on the staircases.

Dis is dominating his driveway and figuring out how to get back on KillingtonZone.

Good way of putting it. I don't know all the history of the Dis on K-zone, but as BB, while a little whacky, he's has been fine over here...

Rack it! :lol:

icedtea

it is really not that difficult or a rat race to find untracked. a little hiking a little exploring and usually there is powder a plenty.

i can guarantee i find fresh this weekend at k without any issue.

jaywbigred

it is really not that difficult or a rat race to find untracked. a little hiking a little exploring and usually there is powder a plenty.

i can guarantee i find fresh this weekend at k without any issue.

Once your at the top your fine...it is a rat race before that though...the drive to the mountain, the access road, the parking lot, the LIFT LINES. Normally sane, considerate people turn into nut cases with only 1 care in the world.

icedtea

Once your at the top your fine...it is a rat race before that though...the drive to the mountain, the access road, the parking lot, the LIFT LINES. Normally sane, considerate people turn into nut cases with only 1 care in the world.

That's true but mainly just at K1. Start the day on Skyeship and hit up the South Ridge for some untracked, quiet, secluded goodnes..

jaywbigred

That's true but mainly just at K1. Start the day on Skyeship and hit up the South Ridge for some untracked, quiet, secluded goodnes..

Maybe the OP was referring only to Kmart, but my comments were meant regarding everywhere...I think it is even worse out west sometimes.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Everyone like powder the best, but I can have plenty of fun on non-powder days too, and I do not get consumed with frantically trying to find the infamous "untracked powder."
Its no different than trying to look for the best line through the moguls. :D Some lines are better than others.

witch hobble

Most people need a bump or two after that initial rush of the powder frenzy wears off.:daffy:

57stevey

I an a CHOWDER eater. Period.

This is what I eat & I am good at it!! Nothing gets me motivated like chowder. I'll drive at night for hours in a storm to get to my beloved chowder in the morning. For me chowder is the ultimate dining experience:-o:-o

vane.jpg