• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I am taking the rest of December off...

cooper

Good luck!

Hey riverc0il - too bad about the break, heal up and keep the positive attitude. I think I've read more posts by you than any other skier, period, and I've enjoyed all of them...except for this last one.
Good luck!
btw - try typing with the eraser end of a pencil in your left hand. I broke hand a in grad school and didn't miss a beat just pecking away. Though with your recent luck, you better not sharpen it. :D

JimG.

Staff member
Chris_skis said:
I have a question for you guys about DIN settings.

I turn 50 this year, and magically, my DIN seting will go down a full number.

I do not think that I will ski less agressively this year than last. Why is the 50 year old setting change is done? And why can't I keep the present setting since I do not have any issues with my DIN setings?

It's like watching your insurance rates drop because you got married or turned 45...it's based on statistics and not necessarily reality.

Keep your current settings if you are comfortable with it.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hope you heal quickly, Riv, I was looking forward to meeting you and skiing w/ you at my first AZ gathering...

Remember the cardinal rule of skiing near trees: Tree vs. skier, the skier always loses.

And now that I think about it, I'm not even sure the bindings on my crappy Rossy's go up to 8, nevermind 11. It is going to be oh so hard to wait for the season's end for a new pair of boards... *sigh*

haines

This will give you more time to Watch World Cup Ski Racing. Bode, Dahron,Lindsey, Julia "The Flyin Italian" Mancuso.

bigbog

Steve...
On a noteworthy sidebar(in addition to smootharc's), ya' totally fill up(& over) your hand/wrist end with some super-duper, heavy plaster...and you could deliver a heck of a hook, should you ever get into a brawl over all-mtn waist-width or somethin'in N. Conway on Fridays or Saturdays... :idea:

gores95

Steve,

I've always enjoyed your posts/blogs/websites and am sorry to hear about your accident. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and getting back to the slopes ASAP!

:beer:

Marc

molecan

Riverc0il,

My condolences. It's a shame to have that happen so early in the season.

I was at Jay last Saturday in the beaver pond glades, and am saddened by the knowledge that a fellow AZ'er has been injured, not only at the same area that I was, but during such a nascent period of their favorite season.

My next tree run, and apres beer will be in your honor.

Heal up, take care of yourself.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
surgery yesterday, two pins and some sort of binding wire. no problem with the surgery. looks like at least two months for everything to heal, maybe more. i am being cautious and am assuming definitely no skiing till at least march.

skibum1321

Tough break, but it's a good call to not push it. Better to miss most of one season than to screw it up for life.

LineSki15

Get Well Soon! Like you said earlier in the thread, at least you went down in the best conditions. Look at it this way, some of us go through a season without one powder day so you are already ahead of the game!

dmc

LineSki15 said:
Look at it this way, some of us go through a season without one powder day so you are already ahead of the game!

seriously???

LineSki15

wasn't trying to speak for everyone, but yeah, sometimes I go a whole season without a pow day, ya know, stuff happens with work, family, whatever and ya just can't get up there. If it wasn't for some good luck last year on my Sugarloaf trip I would have gone pow-less. Then again, I don't ski as much as a lot of you, I'm lucky to get in 15-20 days.

dmc

LineSki15 said:
wasn't trying to speak for everyone, but yeah, sometimes I go a whole season without a pow day, ya know, stuff happens with work, family, whatever and ya just can't get up there. If it wasn't for some good luck last year on my Sugarloaf trip I would have gone pow-less. Then again, I don't ski as much as a lot of you, I'm lucky to get in 15-20 days.

well then - I seriously hope you get a nice powder day this year...

trackbiker

Sorry to hear about your mishap.
Any prognosis on how long your arm will take to heal?
Hope that it's not too long and that you'll be back on skis soon!

bvibert

Staff member
That sucks Steve, hopefully it takes less than 2 months to heal instead of more... We'll try to save some snow for ya! ;)

cyrk007

that sucks man.. you'll be back on the mountain in no time man :beer: to a quick recovery

ChileMass

Steve - OK, I have been busy lately, but how the hell did I miss all this - ??? Dude - hope you are feeling better and get back on your boards soon. I hope we can get some turns in before the end of the season.

Who really cares who is the expert at bindings settings? It's a useless pissing match. Occasionally, if you are really going for it, in the sport of skiing you will get injured. That's the way is is. If that's too much of a risk, take up chess. And give your local ski tech a break - he or she is doing the best they can. We all know when we get on skis that we are responsible to take care of ourselves, and if we get hurt, well, that's the breaks..... :wink: :wink: :wink: