• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I got mine...........anybody else ???

AHM

Got home from work yesterday to find the Sept issue of Powder with the Doug Coombs feature: Remembering a Legend. Great read (postponed the bike ride for about 20 min to read), all the new boards, piece by Jack Shaw on Chad VanderHam. Yep, that pretty much starts the countdown...........even brought the Made'n AK's up from the basement just for the psych. The leaves will be changing, the fall mtb rides are coming and then its the first hike of the "hill" to get the first turns.............won't be long now..........and for Treeskier, et al. it's already started. So, what new boards ya eye'in up.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nope, still waiting. Ski and Skiing. Although I am just getting my Summer N'East Magazine... :blink: :blink:

SkiDog

Got My POWDER TOO....just lets me know we arent far away from snow sliding...WOOO HOOOO what a stoke...I am waiting til the "right time" to sit and read the COOBS article..I thought the opening editorial was GREAT....."thats coobs making it look easy"

got the N-East magazine too WAY late it seemed to me..but it is progrssing as a mag I'd say.

M

SkiDog

I need to resubscribe to Skiing mag, good magazine. Might get Powder too, not sure. How do Ski and Skiing differ in their content?

Ha...Ski I think has more advertisements...GET POWDER...

M

kcyanks1

I've gotten Skiing and Ski recently, though at least one may have expired. But the only reason I got them was that I had free subscriptions. Every once in a while it seems that you can get them. I wouldn't pay, since they are filled with ads, have very few interesting articles in any given issue, and don't give enough attention to the east. I haven't had much experience with Powder or Couloir. Powder is by the same company as Ski and Skiing though, right? I think I also have a free subscription to N'East, though I'm not sure. I only can remember getting 1 issue, so maybe it was a free issue.

eatskisleep

I also got my summer N'East mag. Great magazine... how much longer does the free subscription run? And is there any plan to do another thing like it in the future?

Ski and skiing ahve yet to arrive...

What chain stores (books, shopping, etc) sell Powder?

bvibert

Staff member
I just got my summer N'East Mag as well :roll: I guess they are running a bit late this year.

I got mine a few days ago, at first I thought it was on purpose for some reason, but all the events they talk about coming up have already happened... :roll:

I thought it was pretty good otherwise.

tjd

Hmmm...guess I get too many mags as i got all of them in the mail - powder, ski, skiing, and N'east :)

saus

Please fill me in on N'East Mag. How do you get it? Not on newstands, is it?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
couloir came in the mail today, woot. nice sections on chic chocs and some NY slides. great material for reading in the "library." also, a new NESM journal in the mail today as well. great day for ski related reading material.