• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm having a book published!

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
When I fantasize about a career I can do from home,so I can live close to the skiing, writing crosses my mind. Now I have a role model. Nice work indeed.

Hey, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it!!!

Thanks for all the congratulations, guys. I just got the typeset pages to review today, so it's seeming a bit more real.

Hope you all enjoy the book!

faceplant

cool!

so- theres cheating murder & intrigue but......................does anybody get banned???

will the next book be called- 'Green Circle' ???

dont mind me, i've had a few :lol:

powhunter

Yep, it''s coming out January 5 from Minotaur Books, an imprint of St. Martin's press, and it's called DOUBLE BLACK: A SKI DIVA MYSTERY.

I'm pretty excited. It's about a young woman who ditches her cheating fiance and moves to a Vermont ski town, where she encounters financial intrigue, bitter family warfare, and murder. And oh, yes, she skis a lot, too.

Here's the first line:

“When Stacey Curtis found the dead man in the bed, she knew it was time to get her own apartment.”

And here's the cover:

BigDB.jpg

If you want to know more, here's my website: http://www.wendyclinch.com

Sounds like good stuff!!!! Give us a little heads up/reminder when it is released! Then you can sell it to the lifetime channel and get rich!!

steveo

icedtea

CONGRATS...haha...sounds like something my mom would read..she loves trashy novels.

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
CONGRATS...haha...sounds like something my mom would read..she loves trashy novels.

Thanks, but honestly, I wouldn't call it "trashy."

And yeah, selling it to Lifetime and getting rich sounds good to me!

But while we're on the subject, this is a good spot to say that film rights have sold for my husband's novel, FINN, so maybe we'll get something on the screen, one way or another.

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
Sorry I was thinking it was in the Danielle Steele line of books with a skiing twist.

S'okay. That's not my style. And just so there's no confusion, this is a book that anyone would like -- not just women -- and good for skiers and non-skiers, alike.

Please tell me that there's a murder by 'pushing a newbie down a bump field'. :-D

LOL! That'd be great, but no. However, there is a chain saw involved. 'Nuff said.

tcharron

S'okay. That's not my style. And just so there's no confusion, this is a book that anyone would like -- not just women -- and good for skiers and non-skiers, alike.

LOL! That'd be great, but no. However, there is a chain saw involved. 'Nuff said.

Why would anyone ski with a chainsaw? That sounds dangerous. :-D

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Good luck Diva. I hope you sell out of your first printing!

I've been encouraged to do books, and I always have declined - too much work and too little reward. Bravo to you for slugging it out and living in infamy (in the stacks!)

bigbog

You've certainly got a few more vices to work with now skidiva[/i]....economy, corrupt ski area mgmnt, Phil and GSS joining the Taliban...LOL. Lots of luck with book #1.

$.01

Geoff

You've certainly got a few more vices to work with now skidiva....economy, corrupt ski area mgmnt, Phil and GSS joining the Taliban...LOL. Lots of luck with book #1.

$.01

The Taliban doing mind control of GSS. Have him take over the Ski Sundown base lodge along with his Match.com date who is actually a Talaban agent. A Pulp Fiction-esque dialog.

GSS's Match.com date: "I love you, Pumpkin."
GSS: "I love you, Honey Bunny."
GSS's Match.com date: "All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!"
GSS: "Any of you fxxxing pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfxxxing last one of ya!"

GSS grabs Greg's demo bump skis. Greg comes out of the mens room with his .44 magnum.

Greg: "Normally, both your asses would be dead as fxxxing fried chicken, but you happen to pull this sxxt while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill you, I wanna help you. But I can't give you these bump skis, they don't belong to me. Besides, I've already been through too much sxxt this morning over these bump skis to hand them over to your dumb ass."

powhunter

The Taliban doing mind control of GSS. Have him take over the Ski Sundown base lodge along with his Match.com date who is actually a Talaban agent. A Pulp Fiction-esque dialog.

GSS's Match.com date: "I love you, Pumpkin."
GSS: "I love you, Honey Bunny."
GSS's Match.com date: "All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!"
GSS: "Any of you fxxxing pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfxxxing last one of ya!"

GSS grabs Greg's demo bump skis. Greg comes out of the mens room with his .44 magnum.

Greg: "Normally, both your asses would be dead as fxxxing fried chicken, but you happen to pull this sxxt while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill you, I wanna help you. But I can't give you these bump skis, they don't belong to me. Besides, I've already been through too much sxxt this morning over these bump skis to hand them over to your dumb ass."

Thats some damn good material right there

steveo