• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Inside Edition investigates pot-smoking skiers at Breckenridge

skiur

It is legal to buy/drink beer there. All of the Vail resorts are located on federal forest lands. While pot may be legal in CO it is still illegal on federal land, and therefor illegal.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

In addition, using any ski lift or ski slope or trail while under the influence of drugs and alcohol is prohibited under the Colorado Ski Safety Act.

BenedictGomez

In addition, using any ski lift or ski slope or trail while under the influence of drugs and alcohol is prohibited under the Colorado Ski Safety Act.

Well thank GOD for that law.

If not for that law, people would ski and snowboard while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Edd

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiNEwhere

The last time I was at breck was before this story aired. Went back today and saw this sign, which wasn't there last time
GOPR0219.jpg

4aprice

Story just out about Forest Service conducting drug searches near Taos. Former governor very upset called them "Jack Booted Thugs". Certainly don't see where that fits into their job description. Hope this crap gets squashed soon.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

skiNEwhere

Heard from a guy on the keystone gondola last night that the forest service was waiting at the top of the eagle gondola at Vail with a drug sniffing dog to take a sniff at every skier/rider that got off the lift. If they found weed, instant $250 fine, misdemeanor and season pass suspension.

Looked for this online and found this article http://www.vaildaily.com/news/10710937-113/forest-service-vail-enforcement

I would be a little annoyed, to say the least if I was at Vail. The last thing I expect while enjoying my free time skiing is to be hassled by law enforcement

Edd

Heard from a guy on the keystone gondola last night that the forest service was waiting at the top of the eagle gondola at Vail with a drug sniffing dog to take a sniff at every skier/rider that got off the lift. If they found weed, instant $250 fine, misdemeanor and season pass suspension.

Looked for this online and found this article http://www.vaildaily.com/news/10710937-113/forest-service-vail-enforcement

I would be a little annoyed, to say the least if I was at Vail. The last thing I expect while enjoying my free time skiing is to be hassled by law enforcement

I'm curious if they differentiate between someone who just smoked on the gondi and someone who's simply carrying his legally purchased items and hasn't smoked at all.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

skiNEwhere

I find it funny that Vail states they close on 4/20. Wonder if there will be any "random" drug searches then as well

I'm curious if they differentiate between someone who just smoked on the gondi and someone who's simply carrying his legally purchased items and hasn't smoked at all.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

doubtful as you would be on federal land and subject to their authoritah

doesn't make the practice any less insane, however...our federal tax dollars at work