• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Interesting Read: Killington GM on why Killingtonians Were So Mad

Brad J

I hope Peak Resorts Management reads the article!!!!!!!!!

xlr8r

Mike gets it. He has changed a lot of people's opinion of Killington in only a year and a half. Ary take notice

Euler

I know I've been impressed by the return to beastlyness. I am certainly not a Killington regular, but skiing there three times this year has made me really want to get up there in May this year.

4aprice

Interesting that in his future plans there was no mention of replacing the lift on South Ridge. I could live with out the interconnect with Pico (I kind of like them separate) but would love to see the top of Rams Head reclaimed. Will be getting the spring pass again so here's to hoping it lasts.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Newpylong

He has mentioned the South Ridge replacement very specifically in the Killingtonzone.com forum. I don't think it's a question of if, but when.

Where would the intermediate terrain be off Rams Head? Things are pretty tame on the far side of Swirl so that leaves between Timberline and Snowdon?

Smellytele

He has mentioned the South Ridge replacement very specifically in the Killingtonzone.com forum. I don't think it's a question of if, but when.

Where would the intermediate terrain be off Rams Head? Things are pretty tame on the far side of Swirl so that leaves between Timberline and Snowdon?

I would guess yes to skiers right of Timberline/Squeeze play glades.

MadMadWorld

Hilarious that he claims Sugarloaf uses marketing gimmicks. Someone should point out their bloated trail count to him.

boston_e

Interesting that in his future plans there was no mention of replacing the lift on South Ridge. I could live with out the interconnect with Pico (I kind of like them separate) but would love to see the top of Rams Head reclaimed. Will be getting the spring pass again so here's to hoping it lasts.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I read his quote as throwing out some ideas that have been bounced around and not so much specific insight as to what their future plans are.

I'm with you though... the interconnect does not do anything for me. I love both Killington and Pico as sepearate areas.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Mike gets it. He has changed a lot of people's opinion of Killington in only a year and a half. Ary take notice

I'm not holding my breathe. Especially the part that Mike mentioned about LISTENING to the important CORE passholder demographic

With regards to Burke, it is not about just listening, it is about heeding the core passholder/demographic's input. As many know, there was a focus group event at Burke where Ary, his Dad, and Bill Stenger took input. We had two AZer's there and they both said that the group was pretty clear as to what they wanted. The issue is that the ownership and management appear to disagree and are not heeding the advice.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
With regards to Burke, it is not about just listening, it is about heeding the core passholder/demographic's input. As many know, there was a focus group event at Burke where Ary, his Dad, and Bill Stenger took input. We had two AZer's there and they both said that the group was pretty clear as to what they wanted. The issue is that the ownership and management appear to disagree and are not heeding the advice.

Isn't Burke a lot different than Killington. I have no numbers to back this up, but I'd guess that Burke gets a higher percentage of it's revenue from season passes than Killington does.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Isn't Burke a lot different than Killington. I have no numbers to back this up, but I'd guess that Burke gets a higher percentage of it's revenue from season passes than Killington does.

I have no hard numbers, but anecdotally, I believe that this is a fair assumption. In 2000 Burke made a huge appeal to the community to buy season passes. They responded and I think that overall from that point forward the season pass contingent has been very large in comparison to their day ticket skiers and riders. Q would likely say that they are trying to boost their day and weekend visitors, hence why they are doing what they are doing. But the overall concern was that the mountain not lose its character and that it still remain the community mountain that it is.

ScottySkis

Seeing K making snow and pushing spring into May and beyond brought me back this year after several yeara away . i glad i went back twice so fr and hopefully one or two times next month.