• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Its Assault time...

koreshot

Did you guys hear that NBC has decided to declare to the whole world that they have officially run out of programming ideas and have no imagination?

And what better way to do it than bringing back the American Gladiators!!! Yeah!!!

I used to love this show and I'm pretty pumped about it coming back. My favorite event was Assault, the way the contestants had to use completely immacurate tools to take out the gladiators who were firing at them with a machine gun powered by a 400,000psi compressor.

My favorite gladiator (as I suspect many of you will agree) was Malibu. What a class act!

000f4yfh

Post your favorite events and gladiators!

Hawkshot99

I watch that show on ESPN classic all the time. Assault is very cool. I will not pick a favorite gladiator though.....

koreshot

praying_smiley.gif
Dear God, please let it snow, the natives are getting restless.
praying_smiley.gif

Common... last time we skied together you were telling me you were all into Nitro.

In all seriousness, this has got to be one the dumbest things to ever make it on TV. The fact that there is a remake in the works with NBC is unreal. Maybe this time around they will do the WWE thing with "plot" and "drama".

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The first couple seasons of AG were fantastic. No frills, down and dirty, lots of big poofy pads and toys, etc. before the ceiling crawling and all that stuff. When I was in middle school, this show first debuted, and we would set up "Assault" courses in our backyards as kids trying to bean each other with Tennis balls before someone got off a lucky shot at the target from the five way points. We would lay down a blanket for the wrestling event. We didn't have human sized rolling balls to push around but I think we did a few other "events." Good times.