• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Its finally over Yankee fans

deadheadskier

Staff member
Doc, personally I'd love to see the Mets hold on and make the playoffs. It would make the fact the the Yankee's aren't in the playoffs this year even better! ;)

Plus, as a Red Sox fan, I think I can finally come to grips with the 1986 World Series and accept the Mets again :rolleyes: It only toook about 20 years of therapy to get there though ;)

In sports, I do hold grudges until they are absolved. I still want a piece of the Mets. I still want a piece of the Bears and now the Giants. My bone was settled with the Lakers this year, which was sweet. I was at Game 4 of the 87 finals as a youngster when Magic hit the hook shot from the line with seconds remaining for the win. Celts win, they tie the series, that shot put the Lakers up 3-1, effectively eliminating the Celtics chances.

Anyways.....

I'm not a bad sport though. As it turns out, I have two very good friends who are die hard sports fans like myself. One of them is a Bears and Cubs fan, the other a Mets and Jets fan. If the Sox or Patriots are out of it, I route for their teams as I know the joy they would have if one of their teams won a title. I'd like for them to experience that.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Jocko

Well, it looks like the Yankees have out-smarted the Red Sox once again.

They made Roger cry the other night.
Now, when he chooses a cap for the Hall of Fame, he's going to snub the Yankees for the Sox.

Damn those Steinbrenners!

ComeBackMudPuddles

he should feel fortunate that in the MLB at least he's afforded the opportunity to try and buy a championship.

A self-professed Red Sox fan has zero business whining about the Yankees "buying" championships. You guys have the same philosophy. See: Dice-K.

Yes, I know the Sox are money team as well, but crying over the divisional set up is pretty lame.

Yes, Hank (a/k/a "the moron") had no business talking about it publicly, but it is a semi-legit point, in that the best teams don't always make the playoffs. I don't think there's a better system, though.