• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Its starting to change

ALLSKIING

Staff member
:beer:
1a29aece.jpg

Treeliner

John84 said:
Nice to see change going on somewhere! It was 90 in D.C. a few days ago. Where was that taken?

Heh, looks like this pic could go in the 'Guess the Ski Area' thread... :)

vtski

Nice pic. Did you just take it this weekend?
I am planning to be in the Rutland area next weekend if the weather cooperates.
Got to do some fall kayaking :D

tjd

Leaves are turning!

Yes, the leaves are turning here in Fairfield County too. While hiking on Sunday I noticed lots of color changes (particularly at elevation). It won't be long now!

hammer

It's great to finally see some colors, but it seems a little late in coming this year. Usually the birches around my house have changed by now, but they're just starting.

Unfortunately, temps are still running about 10 degrees above average without any significant change in sight... :-?

Zand

Come on, the maples have been orange since mid-August. Welcome to a month ago! :wink:

Seriously though, this is getting awesome, even with the constant 80s, heat, and hurricanes continuing. At night when the temps fall, you can definitely smell autumn. Within a month, there should be some white flying.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I've been loving the dark when I rise at 5:45 and the cool temp's. I actually zipped off the sleeves from my Karbon coat and have been using it as a vest in the mornings. Just wearing it reminds me of skiing... I love it.

Saturday high according to AccuWeather, Intellicast and NOAA all have my area in the high 60's and low 40's at night. Sooo psyched.

Not accounting for my addictions (skiing and biking) fall is definitely my favorite time of year. Pretty scenery, the return of football, the post season of baseball... approaching holidays, comfortable temperatures, dry mountain bike trails... And of course the ski season anticipation. I'm just perpetually happy this time of year.

dmc

The Mountain tops in the Hunter area are already brown...!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
There are quite a few trees changing around here. Not nearly enough for my taste, but slowly and surely they're coming along.

When help my dad rake he thinks it's funny I'm in such a good mood. He says he's the only person he's ever met that enjoy raking. It's not that I find it especially entertaining, it's just one more sign that winter is coming...