• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole 1/19-1/30..again

Hey All,

I deleted my Jackson Hole reports due to some negative comments but I decided to repost them is this thead because some people didn't get to read about my trip..

Hey All..

As many of you know, I'm a big time Jackson Hole fanboy. On Saturday January 19th at 6:00AM I'll be leaving the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton airport on route to Chicago O'Hare and then Jackson Wyoming. In this thread I'll be posting trip reports as frequently as I have internet access as well as my observations. I'll be staying at the 49er for 9 nights and I have 8 full days of skiing fun in store. My friend Tom is planning on making the trip down from Bozeman MT for 3-4 days of my stay. Will Grilled Steeze Sandwich drop into Corbetts Couloir for the first time??? Will there be fresh untracked virgin powder??? What will Doug have for lunch??? Stay tuned to this thread to find out.

I'm so psyched..and my stoke level is rising with snow in the forecast for the first part of my trip and 116 of 116 trails open on an 8 foot deep base. For my groupies and fans...don't fear..I'll be back at Blue mountain shredding the gnar on Tuesday the 29th//

I'm going to Jackson
I'll me maxing
the vert
until my legs start to hurt
enough snow to build a fort
rocking a mullet like Joe Dirt
No Cobains like Kurt
Powder is a Plus like Pert
You know the shampoo
gonna pity the fool
Like Mr. T
who doesn't beat me..
to first tracks from the peak
gonna stick out my beak
and smell the Rocky Mountain Air
The weather might be fair
or stormy try to ski till four B
and then let loose
at the Mangy Moose
right at the base
shit eating grin on my face
not gonna be chased
by the Booter mountain patrol
but I'm gonna eat a Grilled Steeze Sandwich on a roll
Jackson Holes got Soul and alot of steeps
in this thread..trip reports I'm gonna keep...

55 more hours till lift off..

I made it here to Jackson Hole in one piece with all my luggage. The only things I forgot are dental floss, my boot dryer, and my mouthguard that I sleep in for tooth grinding....not bad..I can deal. It's snowing light fluffy cold smoke powder. Since 6:00AM the mountain has received 9 inches with 12-18 more inches expected by Tuesday. I could get a few hours in at Snow King but I'm holding out for fresh untracked powder tomorrow at Jackson Hole...Yee Hah

Now snowfall totals through Monday are expected to approach or exceed 2 feet...not counting what fell today...It's going to be tough for me to sleep tonight..Like Christmas Eve waiting for Santa but I'm waiting for 4 square miles of fresh Poe. I got my skis hand waxed for 10 bucks and I tipped the guy a 5-spot. Now I'm going to get some Japanese food a block away. Tomorrow is going to be EPIC

I have to keep todays report for 1/20 semi-short because there's a 15 minute internet limit here. Today was absolutly sick. 11 inches of new snow in the past 24 hours including 4 inches since the lift closed yesterday and that was as of 5:00AM. Plus it snowed a few inches throughout the day. I arrived on the bus at 8:30AM and got in line for the Teewinot lift enroute to Apres Vous. I was 8th chair on Teewinot and 2nd on AV. I had first tracks in 6-12 inches of blower powder right under the lift. Then I skied some deep snow in the woods over to the Casper lift. I had great freshies in the Moran woods and then skied Jackson Face through untracked boot to knee deep Poe down to the Gondola. Up the Gondola into Symatry woods and then over to the Thunder chair then down Grand woods and down Sublette ridge all the way to the base. While everybody was in line for the Sublette lift, I was along slaying deep Poe. The skiing was very tiring and under the new snow was soft cut up powder..alot of snow to push around fo shizzle. Then up the Gondola and some woods to the Casper lodge for an early lunch of Chili, soft pretzal, and gatorade. Then over to Apres Vous again and a safety meeting in the food under a tree..ahhh..nice rocky mountain air..cough cough.

By 1:00PM I was beat to skeet but kept going..I took a run down Saratoga bowl and dropped a nice boulder..then I made my way up to the peak and was at the top at 1:45PM..I skied down Rendevous bowl to Cheyanne bowl to Cheyanne Gully to the North Hoback to the Union pass traverse. Then took the transfer lift to the base and it was now 2:25PM. I was done..no more..finished..put a fork in me. I proceeded to the Village Cafe for a $3 16 ounce PBR and a slice of Pepperoni..Then took the 3:00PM free bus back to my hotel. Now I'm going to get some beer and I'm getting Bubbas BBQ. My friend Tom is planning on driving down from Bozeman tomorrow afternoon. I ended up skiing 12 runs for a total of 22,200 vert. It looks like another foot of fresh for tomorrow. Wow I am loving life here in Jackson Hole...woo hoo.

Well check out www.jacksonhole.com for the picture of the day...

With my wallet, keys, room keys, and I-pod..I have plenty of bulk in my parking lot. Last year I took pictures and everytime it was a pain opening my pocket..taking the camara out of the case..and having to take my gloves off...just my inflation adjusted 2 cents...I can't wait for the fresh Poe tomorrow..it's dumping hardcore. I'm either going to ski Grand Targhee with Tom on Tuesday or Wednesday. I actually looked into heli-skiing but it's 850 bucks for 6 runs of 2500 or so vert...I get plenty of Poe at the resort..but I want to go heli-skiing eventually. I've also been hearing alot about Revelstoke from the J-Hole locals. They've been taking road-trips up there and are loving the place.

Phillycore I thought of you because a guy on the bus talked just like you..with a thick Philly accent..he was from King of Prussia and had snowblades..yup..snowblades..wow..and he said they were great in the powder.

I fell one time today..on my first run..I was going way to fast in the Blower powder and kind of sat down..nothing crazy...there were people searching for lost skis. O.K. time to check the weather and order some Take-out from Bubbas BBQ..

Edit..for Powder enthusiasts...the 24 hour total as of this morning at the Raymer plot was 11"/ 0.65"..11 inches of snow and a liquid equivilency of .65..that's 6% density..light but not quite cold smoke...

21 inch storm total so far including 9 inches in the past 24 hours..Lots of terrain didn't get skied yesterday..mainly woods, casper area, and the lower faces..Snow showers today...then clearing..The plows are out this morning doing their thing..One hour till the bus to Teton Village..

Wow..just Wow..today...January 21st..day 2 of my ski trip was totally awesome. If yesterday was epic..then today was mepic(mad epic)..lol.

I got on the 8:00AM bus and had 2nd chair on Teewinot and 1st chair on Apres Vous. 10% of the terrain was fresh cord and 90% of the terrain was fresh untracked powder..from ankle deep to knee deep..and so so so light..definitely some faceshots. Then I skied down to the Gondola and hit up some woods. Then the Thunder chair to Laramie bowl which was cut up powder with some untracked on the sides but it's a really popular route. Then Sublette to 10 sleep bowl to the Cirque...on this run I had the deepest..longest stretch of untracked of my trip at around 10:45AM....wow..so steezy...30-40 turns of knee deep freshies. Then across to some woods above the Casper Lodge to an early lunch at the Casper Lodge

I had Nachos which consisted of three color chips..a mound of melted cheese..chicken..onion..salsa..and Guacamole. I also had an Orange gatorade..on ice..steezy...for $13.something total. I also bought some sunscreen and applied a liberal amount to my face and neck..The sun was out and visibility was clear. After lunch I skied alot. From Apres Vous woods to Rendevous bowl..another 10-sleep to cirque lap...some more woods by the gondoobie..and some lower mountain powder in Lander Bowl..except for the crowded groomers..it was all good and alot less people out than yesterday. It may be Doc Martins BDAY but apparently the kids in J-hole go to school. Around 2:20PM I boarded the gondola for one final ride and dily-dallied my way down the mountain..Some woods next to Gros Verte..some woods near Casper lodge...then the south pass traverse to the Apres Vous area and then to the base. I arrived at the base at 2:40PM..and I didn't feel like waiting 20 minutes for the free hotel shuttle so I paid $3 and took the town bus. In total I skied over 30k of vert and 16 runs...1 run on East Ridge, 3 on Sublette, 3 on Thunder, 5 on the gondola, 1 on the Casper, and 3 on the Apres Vous. I did a ton of exploring today for sure and found some new nooks and crannies that I can revisit tomorrow with my buddy Tom. Tom should arrive in town around 5-6:00PM so I'm trying to hold off beer drinking until then. I'm thinking we'll hit Grand Targhee Wednesday...What a great trip so far and I still have 6 more ski days..Life is Good..

Hey all, 1/22/08 J-Hole day 3..

My friend Tom arrived last night at around 7PM. We went to the Wort hotel for dinner in the Silver Dollar bar where over 2,000 Morgan dollars are inlayed in the bar. We then proceeded to the bar that used to be the Rancher but now it's a trendy bar. Then this morning is was off to Jackson Hole.

We didn't start skiing until around 9:30AM and started on the gondola and skied a long woods run to the Apres Vous lift..then played around in some leftover powder off the AV trails. Then back up the gondola for more woods to the Thunder lift and an uber steezy deep and steep woods run to the skiers left of the big Tram tower on Riverton bowl. Definitely buddy skiing..scoping out cliffs..yelling down to see which way to go..route finding..and lots of long black diamond woods runs, bowl, gullys, and faces. We had lunch in the parking lot around Noon-thirty. Then back up the Gondola for more and we sample the Grand Woods..Laramie Bowl..Bivoac woods..the lower faces below sublette chair..Cheyanne Gully..and North Hoback..nice long runs and we actually never made it to the peak. It was a small vert day..just 9 runs for 18,150 vert but I must have made 1,000 turns...Conditions ranged from chalky, to loose powder, to slightly tracked powder, to untracked. Lots of exploring was done. Temperatures were below zero at the base and in the teens up high. I was really warm but my buddy had cold toes and had to take his boots off in the Casper lodge and at lunch.

We ended our session at around 3:00PM and proceeded to the Mangy Moose for pitchers of beer and to watch a band. A totally legit day of skiing and riding..now it's about a degree out in town. Tomorrow we're skiing Grand Targhee and I think Tom is going back to MT on Thursday. O.K. time for some more soda.

Onto todays report from today 1/23...Me and Tom skied Grand Targhee and it was a sick day..almost as good as the powder days I had on Sunday and Monday...and way better than yesterday at J-Hole. There was so much untracked knee deep powder it was amazing...Grand Targhee received 28 inches of snow in the past 5 days and the base was around 100 inches. I really don't know run names well at GT as I've only skied there 4 days in my life including today vs more than 20 days at Jackson Hole mountain resort. We mainly skied untracked and lightly tracked powder in the trees and gullys. I skied 2 groomers in total while my friend was taking a rest.

Lunch was great..two cans of budweiser and a steak burrito...It was a Bluebird day and inversions were in place...minus 11 in the town of Jackson...minus 15 on the snake river..and 13 degrees at the base of Grand Targhee and maybe 20 on mountain...In total I skied 14 runs including 6 off the blackfoot double..which is 1200 vert..6 off the dreamcatcher high speed quad which is 2,000 vert and 2 off the Sacajewewa quad which is 1270 vert. It's safety awareness day at Grand Targhee and I got free candy for knowing about the skiers responibility code. In the woods near the Northern Boundary we found a tree covered with all kinds of things. Mardi Gras beads..sleds..old skis..and even a Larry Bird Plaque. It was a good place to review the skiers responsibility code. On the way out I got a delicious mocha with whipped cream and we gave a hitch-hiker a ride back to Driggs(12 miles down ski town road from GT)...a great day for a total of 21,740 vert..

Tonight we're going to Bubbas BBQ...and then Tom is driving back to Montana in the morning so I have 4 solo days remaining at Jackson Hole. Tomorrow looks to be the only hardpack day of my trip as another storm is expected to begin tomorrow late in the day and continue through the weekend...more Poe would be mad steezy..

Oh Yeah and Phillycore..I bought you a Grand Targhee patch... I still have to buy Ski a coffee mug or a pink shirt that says Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy...lol

Hey All....1/24/08....

I'm back from a very satisfying ski day at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. I took the 8:00AM bus this morning and my friend Tom left for Bozeman Montana shortly thereafter. On the bus I chatted with a guy named Jeremiah from Michigan who was skiing Jackson Hole for the first time ever. He was on thin ass'd 160cm Atomic race skis...and asked if I'd show him around the mountain. I was a little hesitant because I though he'd be a gaper but he was pretty decent. We lined up for the Gondola in minus 14 temps about 20 minutes early and warmed up with a high speed cruiser on Sundance...I know I hit over 55mph..I was flying in the fresh cord. He was about 2 minutes behind me but I waited for him. We then worked out way up the mountain mainly skiing woods and bowls to the Rendevous bowl which was small bumps and chalky snow...we then proceeded to Bivoac woods to Lander bowl to the base. Then up Teewinot to the Apres Vous lift to some woods and then over to the Casper lift to a fast cruiser to The Casper Lodge for an early 11:00AM lunch. I had Clam Chowder and a soft Pretzal with cheese sauce for dipping.

After lunch we skied back to the base and then worked our way back up the mountain and skied Laramie bowl, Ten Sleep Bowl, the Cirque, some woods off Gros Verte..Saratoga bowl..Moran Face..Jackson Face...and we ended the day with a run through the North Hoback. A totally legit and rewarding day with 18 runs for 34k+ of vert. There was some untracked and loose powder and some chalky snow as well..all in all alot of steezy fun. Jeremiah struggled a bit in some of the thicker snow and wiped out a few times but he was glad to have one of the best J-Hole guides in the known universe. He was damn happy to be away from his wife and kids for a few days. I was patient and waited for him a bunch of times but it allowed me to preserve my legs. We quit around 3:40PM and had a pitcher at the Mangy moose and I just took the 4:30PM bus back to the Antler Inn. Tomorrow will be a solo day for me and it looks like some new snow will start to fall overnight. Time for some more beer and food...Holla

Hey All...1/25/08...Day 6 of 8....

I had an incredible day at Jackson Hole today. This morning there was 1 inch of fresh snow at the base and 3 inches of fresh on the upper mountain. I warmed up with two cruisers on Sundance...fresh cord with a few inches of Poe..delightful. Then over to Apres Vous for some powder in the woods and some fast cruisers. Then Back up to the gondola and then I worked my way over to Thunder and then skied the run under the Thunder chair. Yesterday it was a bump run but today it was piles of loose powder..I always enjoy skiing right under the lift and the run didn't dissapoint. Then I high-tailed it back to the base and then up the Gondola to an early lunch at the new upscale cafeteria in the second floor of the new lodge. I had stir fried chicken with fried rice and a gatorade for $16.something. The views of the headwall were great from the large windows.

After lunch it was really dumping hard...especially on the upper mountain. I skied back to the base through numerous woods shots including Ashley Ridge and Woolsey woods..then back to the Thunder Quad and I had another great run under the lift with more powder. I skied it real agressively making big GS turns through the cut up powder..including some mad steezy air and jump turns..what a great run. Then up the Thunder lift again and down Laramie bowl to the Sublette chair. I met a Polish woman named Paulina who works for the Pepi Stigler ski shop and skied a few runs with her including 10-sleep bowl to the Cirque and Bivoac. She thought I skied really fast. It was really windy at the top of the Sublette quad with all the snow blowing into 10-sleep bowl with the south wind. Lots of boot deep new snow in 10-sleep bowl and more like mid-boot deep in the Cirque.

I then split up from Paulina because she had to get back to work...I skied Bivoac woods which was creamy...to Gannett to FIS to the base...woo hoo. Then back up the Gondola and by now I was getting tired. I doodled around in the woods to the left of the Gondola and then headed down to Apres Vous..then skied right under the Apres Vous chair and down to the Village Cafe. It was 2:22PM at the time...I had a slice of pepperoni, and two Stella Artois pints in the Village Cafe. I was rejuvinated and it was dumping hard right to the base. I got back on the Gondola around 3:30PM. I rode with two British dudes who asked if I was offended by Alchohal..I said no...and we all took a shot of Southern Comfort. I was a little buzzed and once again doodled around in some woods and found a few knee deep turns. It was dumping so hard at the top of the Gondola..easily one inche per hour. I then board the Casper chair around 3:55PM and at 4:03PM unloaded for one final run...which took me through lots of woods and I was really only on trails to cross over to more woods. Lots of slow and deliberate turns. I skied right to the Mangy Moose building and bould a single bottle of beer for the bus ride...and I took the 4:30PM bus back. Every day of this trip has been one of my best ski days ever..with snow in the forecast for the rest of my trip...things will only get better. I ended up skiing 21 runs for more than 39k of vert. My legs feel really strong. I'm in the mood for some more beer and a steak dinner...

Jackson Hole 1/26/08 Day 7 of 8...

Wow today was simply great. With 7+ inches of new snow in the past 24 hours and a storm total of 10 inches since early yesterday morning...skiing was wonderful. At 8:30AM I went into the singles line..there were 5 pairs of skis and boards propped against the barriors and no people. I walked to the front of the skis. 3 minutes later..an old guy and his buddy said,"What the hell are you doing cutting the line". I said there were no people in the line reserving their spots. The old man said he'd had his skis there since 7:30AM to save his spot...They were both pissed and the other guy said,"That I almost stepped on his helmet which was on the ground...I said,"Why is your helmet on the ground"..by this point alot of people in the regular line were watching and the guys pretty much said if I didn't leave the line I'd get my ass kicked by them and their buddy so I went into the regular line and was 5th or so gondola instead of first. A few people who saw the scene said they were totally in the wrong...In theory I could put my skis at the front of the singles line at 4:00PM the day before and roll in at 8:59AM and get first gondola...enough with that rant...on to the skiing.

From the Gondola I skied boot to knee deep powder to the Thunder chair...Then first tracks down the right side of Laramie bowl to the Sublette lift...then Ten Sleep Bowl which as I expected had the deepest powder on the mountain due to the way the winds blew the snow...Knee deep untracked poe..right down into the cirque and numerous face-shots...I skied with my mouth wide open yelling woo-hoo...and ate alot of snow..Then back up the Thunder quad to more untracked on the side of Laramie bowl and right under the Sublette quad. Then up the Sublette lift to the east ridge double to Rendevous bowl...Wow it was foggy up there...serious Vertigo. I actually waited for somebody to ski down and then just followed him for referance since there are no trees up there and only poles marking the easiest way down...I hit Rendevous bowl a second time and hit the steepest powder I could find..lots of boot to knee deep depending on aspect. Then down Cheyanne bowl to the far left where there were still steep untracked turns. The powderhounds were out in full force so I was skiing fast to get as much poe as I could. I was really hungry at this point so I skied down to the Casper lodge for Chili, Fries, and Gatorade.

After lunch I took the Casper chair to Moran face which was lightly tracked...lots of 7-8 turn untracked shots of about mid-boot to boot deep. The upper mountain had significantly more new snow..then down to the Gondola...Up the Gondola to some untracked woods to the Thunder chair..then leftover Poe in the steepest sections of Laramie bowl..up Sublette then up the East Ridge double. There was a fairly long line for the East Ridge double because the fog cleared. Down rendevous bowl there was enough untracked left for me to make most of my turns in untracked pockets..then down Bivoac woods to Gannett then over to Lower Tramline. When I was about 1,000 vert above the base my legs just died. I sat down for a few minutes..put Gangstah party by Snoop and 2-pac on my I-pod..and ripped right down to the bus the Start bus..paid my 3 bucks..and got a ride back to town. In total I only skied 12 runs for 17,870 vert..and I only skied all the way to the base twice...The upper mountain was the ill-shiz-nit..but all the steep and deep powder turns beat me up. Now it's a balmy 32 degrees in town and I can see blacktop on the roads for the first time all week. Tomorrow is my final ski day and then Monday I'm flying back to PA..it looks like a big storm for tomorrow into Monday so maybe some more fresh snow in addition to the leftover powder tomorrow. It looks like pretty sketchy weather for my flight home so I might have to stay a day longer...I can only dream...lol

Time for some beer..

Day 8 of 8...I have to keep this short because people are waiting to use the computer. It was sunny initially and snow from 11:00AM to closing..at least 4 inches of new powder...I'm hoping my flight tomorrow is cancelled early morning so I can ski an extra day...it would suck going to the airport and then find out my flight was cancelled and then hustling around to ski. I'll have to wait and see but flights into and out of Jackson were cancelled this afternoon because this current Pacific storm is a hum dinger...1-2 feet+ expected in the mountains and 7-10 in the valley.

I skied 22 runs today for 42,570 vert today...9 on the gondola, 3 on the thunder, 4 on the sublette, 2 on the East ridge, 1 on Caspser, and 3 on Apres Vous...I skied 10-sleep bowl, the cirque, Rendevous bowl, Bivoac, Bivoac woods, Woolsly woods, Sundance, Gros Verte, the trail by the Nastar course, Moran face, right under the Casper chair, right under the Thunder chair..and lots and lots of other runs...it was a mad steezy day for sure and of course..I'm going to be back at Jackson Hole again soon..it's just a great ski mountain. I'll post more about my trip later or when I get back to PA.

It's dumping hardcore and the airport is shut-down..I was just rebooked for Wednesday so now I have a really really long trip...wow wow wow...2 more days of deep deep snow...a foot of new snow so far on the mountain and the faucet is on...I have to get ready for the 8:00AM bus...

What a great day I had today...I first skied knee deep powder under the Apres-Vous chair...then knee deep powder in Saratoga bowl..then down to the Gondola..While riding the Gondola the winds were incredibly intense. I was on the Gondola with a ski patroller and they simultaneously shut down all the lifts around 10:00AM...At the top the winds must have been 80mph...enough to blow over a skirack full of skis and a picnic table into the woods. Then I hung out in the lodge at the top of the Gondola with about 100 or so hardy souls..and drank some coffee and ate some trail mix. Ski patrollers and ambassadors were checking to see if anybody needed help getting down in the intense winds...zero visibility...and heavy snows. I ended up skiing along the tree line on Sundance..I definitely got some vertigo (Snowblindness) in the white-out conditions. Then over to some mellow woods in the Casper area and to the base. I skied that run very carefully because in the zero visibility conditions, I would most likely not be found if I got injured. I should really ski with a cell phone for conditions like that. Then I got in a long line for a refund. I paid $77 for my lift ticket and I received a voucher for $55...I guess they pro-rated it...my 3 powder runs for 6500 vert were definitely worth 22 bucks. Then I went to the Mangy Moose which was packed at 11:30AM..and had a beer and a bloody Mary and chilled with a group from Minnesota and I saw the three MILFS that I rode the lift with yesterday. Then I went to the Alpenhaus for lunch.

What a nice lunch...a screwdriver, a wheat beer, and a swiss lunch special which consisted of a bowl of lentil and fresh sausage soup...a mini-baguette...meat...and cheese...mmmmmmmm

The busses started to run again around 1:30PM and I hopped on one around 2:00PM...I took the bus to Snow King and plopped down $19 for a 2 hour ticket. The conditions at Snow King were mostly cut up powder with a few untracked pockets. I skied 4 runs off the summit double for 6,000 vertical feet. I could have skied another run or two but I was feeling lethargic from my Lunch. I have no idea what runs I skied...mainly blacks and blues with my last run cutting skiers left into the woods..through someones backyard into their driveway and down Millward street right into town..I shaved 2-3 blocks off my walk back to the 49er skiing that route and got a few funny looks from some pedestrians. Nothing like a bonus day of skiing at Jackson Hole and I have alot more snow to look forward to tomorrow.

Jackson Hole 1/29/08...Day 10...bonus day #2...

It snowed another 7 inches in the past 24 hours making for a storm total of 19 inches. Since today was my 10th ski day in a row...I'm starting to get physically tired. I skied pretty sloppy today and had a really bad wipeout near the end of my session which I'll go into detail about later. In the morning I skied one run off the Apres Vous chair in knee deep powder...then 3 runs off the Gondola and one run off the Thunder chair where I skied down to the base via the lower faces below the Sublette chair which were filled in with tons of new snow. The snow from this last storm wasn't cold smoke but alot heavier. I had pizza and chips for lunch at the Village Cafe. It was really cold today..about 10 degrees at the base and below zero up high with a stiff 20-30mph wind. It was windy enough to close the Sublette and the East Ridge chairs.

After lunch I was feeling really tired. I skied a fun powder run through Mr Toads Wild Ride to the Casper bowl and got lots and lots of untracked..then down the packed powder on lower Sundance. Up the Gondola again and this time I traversed farther left and higher off the gondola for more fresh tracks in Casper bowl. I wasn't paying attention and the light was flat and I crashed down about 5 feet onto a cat-track at maybe 25mph...double ejection and my chest..nose..lip..and left thumb took most of the impact. I got the wind knocked out of me and layed on the ground for a minute but luckily I didn't break anything. The only damage was a bleeding lip and my pride. I stood up and looked at my tracks and the drop from the powder to the flat groomed cat-track was shoulder height....yikes..I then got my bearings and skied down to the Casper chair and made one final doodly slow run to the base and skied right onto the town bus and I just got back to the 49er. In total I skied 8 runs for 17850 vert...mainly off the gondola to stay out of the elements. I need a nap..I'm tired...I wonder if my plane will actually leave tomorrow or if I'll be stuck here longer..I'll have to wait until early tomorrow morning to see.

Hey All,

I'm in the Chicago airport right now and just drank two 20 ounce beers and had a Chicago style hotdog...My flight back to Allentown leaves in 35 minutes.

I thought I would write about the good..the bad..and the ugly from my 1.5 week long trip in this thread..I'll start now and add more later..

The Good:

Skiing powder from 3 different storms...a 25 incher..a 12 incher...and a 19 incher

Skiing two days and partying 3 nights with my buddy Tom

40k plus vert day..ooops I'm out of time,,,,,

I made it back to Allentown although my ski bag is still in Chicago but is expected to arrive at 11:sonething tomorrow morning..it has my skis, poles, ski pants, and a few fleeces..and they should deliver it to my work tomorrow afternoon...

To continue my good/bad/ugly...

Good:

Pearl Street bagels...bagel with cheddar and tomato and some Apple Juice every morning gave me the energy I needed to start my ski day along with the free Jackson hole daily newspaper.

Silver Dollar bar...good food and service..a band nearly everynight

Trio..I had a great 30 dollar NY strip steak...mmmm..perfecto/

Bubba's BBQ...their brisket melts in your mouth..

Village Cafe...where the dirt bags and skibums hang out for PBR and pizza slices..the building is being torn down this summer...also home to Teton Gravity Research and Lees Tees

Jeremiah and his brother...friendly guys from Michigan who I skied a little bit with and who liked having me as a tour guide.

Cool locals: Locals who wanted to ski with me and respected me as a skier even though I hail from the Keystone State.

The Bad:

Asshole locals: Locals who think their shit doesn't stink and think people from PA can't ski.

The service at most of the eateries...slow, unattentive...lots of space cadets..

People who refuse to stop at crosswalks..a pretty regular occurance in Jackson Hole

People who save spots in the early morning lift line with their skis..then cut the line after getting their coffee...bullshit

Jackson Hole airport: The slowest airport known to man..it takes an hour to get baggage due to the lack of employees and planes are just about always delayed.

Alltrans airport shuttle drivers...always 20-30 minutes late for airport pickups..

Skiing Snow King with a major buzz...

Losing $130 in a poker game at the Town Square tavern..doh

$4 gatorade on mountain

Ugly:

What my January Visa bill is going to look like

The beards on some of the skibums and locals..ZZTop called and they want their beards back..ahahaha

People from Florida skiing in Jean jackets..

People in one piece fartbags with jumbo fanny packs..

my mega wipeout on a cat-track yesterday..ouch

ski220

Must have been freaky being on the Gondola during the storm. To bad you were with a 'troller or you could have lit up a safety flare.

Nice going on rebooking out to Wednesday.