• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay: 11/17/07

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Sick. Jay under reported totals. I was submerging my pole more than halfway in the woods (yes, woods). Even in the trail, boot deep was the rule when the day started with deeper shots on occasion. Jay is reporting 16" for the storm total but that was the absolute bare minimum and then it snowed all day to boot. I would estimate a two day total of 20"+. Unreal. I am one sore puppy today. Can't wait for more tomorrow. :spin: Nhski has some video of today, can't wait to see some pictures flying through the air.

First face shot of the season today, nuff' said.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nhski:
20071117jay07.jpg

Nhski:
20071117jay12.jpg

Full Report and Photo Gallery

Unreal.

I neglected to mention in my report that I skied some of the most perfect packed powder bumps today on Kitzbeheul. Just crazy cool feeling soft packed powder bumps that just ripped. Not that I spent much time skiing bumps today! :) but they were worth a mention.

snoseek

Very jealous right now. good work, do whatever it takes to get back up there.

ccskier

Son of a b, I am jealous. I did go out on the boat and pull the mooring today, had to go thigh deep in 48degree water not snow. Looks like the best opening day in years.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
J WAS sick yesterday, and Stowe was fabulous today as well. Truely truely truely epic november opener. Truely.

nhski

Great first day.

How do you embed the video into the post instead of it being a link?

wa-loaf

Jeeze, aside from a little brush sticking up you'd think it was mid-season!

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the great report, pics and vid, guys. Good stuff. Different world up there, for sure. Crazy.

Now, what's up with the chipmunk?

FRITOLAYGUY

Thats amazing, like Greg said people in SNE are worrying about if theres gonna be top to bottom skiing and then you see a video like that it really is a different world up there.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Thanks for the great report, pics and vid, guys. Good stuff. Different world up there, for sure. Crazy.

Now, what's up with the chipmunk?
That was from last weekend's trip report. Met him on the summit. Usually is a different world up there.

snowmonster said:
If this holds up, it'll be an amazing season there.
As opposed to if it doesn't hold up? :lol: It will be an amazing season regardless, but if this holds out as a base we will be looking good for December, that is for sure.

Four runs today in six hours today, used the lift three times. Some people wouldn't even count that as a day, but untracked boot deep powder for four runs is better than packed powder for a number in the teens.

Suffice to say, Jay was pretty good today too:

20071118jay12.jpg

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't think there are any complaints from folks up here....except that the weekend was too darn short...

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
WOW. :-o I knew there was a lot of snow kicking around the northern VT mtns this weekend, but WOW that was more than I expected. MeanwhiIe, I was stuck building stairs in my new house.
Jay actually closed the mountain down until Thursday this week. They probably want to hammer the mtn with snowmaking while the temps are good.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
This past weekend was actually an early opening so I am not surprised that they shut the mountain down. Forecast this week shows possible rain, hopefully that translates into snow at upper elevation. Friday through Sunday could be nice though definitely not as good as this previous weekend.