• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay peak predictions for sat May 7th

tmcc71

Hi, I went to Killington last Saturday based on some good recommendations I received from a post I created last week. I had a great time and was wondering what i can expect at Jay peak Saturday. If anyone went last week what is left for trails and lifts. I'd like one more weekend.

drjeff

The next 36 or so hours and how much water falls out of the sky will play a big roll. Right now, it looks like there could be a good 1-2" of precip (the vast majority, if not all will be liquid, not frozen) with the storm about to roll through

Black Phantom

Hi, I went to Killington last Saturday based on some good recommendations I received from a post I created last week. I had a great time and was wondering what i can expect at Jay peak Saturday. If anyone went last week what is left for trails and lifts. I'd like one more weekend.

You only live once. Get out and make it happen. Don't rely on others to do it for you.:beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any recs on cheap hotels in the area for Friday night? Might try and make this happen for Saturday myself.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You ever stay at the North Troy Lodge? Used to be around $40. Might stay at the Tram House.

I have not. Tram House would be nice, but I wouldn't be arriving until after midnight most likely, so no sense in paying for something nice when I'd only be using the room for 8 hours or so.

I saw a place in Lyndonville for $50, which is fine. But if there were any hostels in the area, I'd consider it.

WWF-VT

"Hours of operations and what lifts and trails will be open for skiing and riding this weekend will be announced later this week on the resort’s website and on Facebook."

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
There is a TR from this past weekend here on AZ, check it out.

For this coming weekend, you can expect Jet and Haynes trails top to bottom serviced by the Jet triple. I can't imagine anything else will hold out to the bottom. As it was, you had to walk 20 feet from the end of Wiggle to the Bonnie last weekend. Check out Jay's web site and Facebook, they often post deals last minute.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have not. Tram House would be nice, but I wouldn't be arriving until after midnight most likely, so no sense in paying for something nice when I'd only be using the room for 8 hours or so.

I saw a place in Lyndonville for $50, which is fine. But if there were any hostels in the area, I'd consider it.

Lyndonville is still a hike from Jay (about 45-60 minutes). Have you looked at Newport? There is a nice place up on the hill in Newport City that has an indoor pool, etc (I think it is the Newport City Motel). That gets you a bit closer.

Magog Fishy

Any recs on cheap hotels in the area for Friday night? Might try and make this happen for Saturday myself.

Lyndonville is still a hike from Jay (about 45-60 minutes). Have you looked at Newport? There is a nice place up on the hill in Newport City that has an indoor pool, etc (I think it is the Newport City Motel). That gets you a bit closer.

I always recommend Newport City Motel to people, even though it is a solid 15 mins from JPR -- I think it is the best value in the area (esp with AAA), plus clean renovated room, and the indoor pool. As an FYI, a new tapas restaurant called Belvedere just opened on the Lake in Newport that looks really good albeit a tad expensive -- was in it a few weeks ago, but didn't eat there. You also have Lagos.

I think JPR ran some ski & stay deals the last few weeks, which I seem to remember were an amazing value. Also if you can get an off season rate at JVI (Jay Village Inn) or Jay Lodge (Cedarwood), I would recommend them -- I probably wouldn't pay full freight. I would be very suspect of almost all the B&B's, especially North Troy Inn and English Rose Inn -- I hear one horror story after another; might want to check out their Trip Advisors comments. Not sure if any campgrounds are open -- Cedarwood has camping, and there is also a popular place right over the border that is about a 15 min drive http://audiablevert.ca/English/AuDiableVert.htm

JPTracker

Heres the deal from their Web Site:

Deals for Mom’s Day
A lodging deal for May 6-8, 2011.

We're celebrating moms with lodging packages from just $79pp/pn. Stay Saturday into Sunday and your lodging package will include our infamous mother's day brunch. Your package will include:

-Lodging in a studio unit in the Tram Haus Lodge
-Lift tickets
-Kids 14 & under ski and stay free
-Access to the Ice Haus (during Public Skate and Stick & Puck hours)
-Access to Taiga Fitness
-Valet parking
And if you stay Saturday into Sunday, your package will include our Mother's Day Brunch.
Click through to book online.
Get a $25 Move Up gift card when you book online.

tmcc71

just booked tram house for friday night

I took advantage of that tram house special on their site. Its 79 for lift and a studio at the tram house lodge. I am going up Friday afternoon, arriving around dinner time. I'm going alone so if anyone wants to have a few beers friday night or ski a few runs Saturday let me know. Tim

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Latest 242 says "like" Jay's Facebook for a coupon for a Saturday $39 lift ticket with free lunch at Alice's Table. That is a very good deal, Alice's Table is a sit down restaurant of very high quality for a ski area lunch. The only problem is Alice's Table is Tramside and you'll probably need to bus or car over there from Stateside to get your free lunch. Great deal, though. Knocks the price down to $20-25 taking account the lunch.

JAYPEAKRESORT.COM/ILIKEJAY

Cornhead

just booked tram house for friday night
I took advantage of that tram house special on their site. Its 79 for lift and a studio at the tram house lodge. I am going up Friday afternoon, arriving around dinner time. I'm going alone so if anyone wants to have a few beers friday night or ski a few runs Saturday let me know. Ti

Did they give you that rate as a single? I thought it was for double occupancy. If so, I'm definitely interested. They are calling for up to 8" at higher elevations, should freshen thing up nicely. The weather looks pleasant for Saturday and Sunday also. Being the cheap bastard that I am, I normally would leave home very early Saturday morning. I do have Friday off. I think I'd enjoy Saturday more if I do what you are doing, go up Friday afternoon. It's a pretty good haul for me, 375 miles. A lot closer than the Loaf however.

This season just doesn't want to die, O.K. by me!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
They are calling for up to 8" at higher elevations, should freshen thing up nicely.
For Saturday, don't expect powder. More like mank if they don't groom but I bet they will. Should be a great weekend! I bet Sunday will be choice if they don't groom out Jet/Haynes after lifts close Saturday. I may head up both days just to make sure I get the better of the two. :D

2sons

Latest 242 says "like" Jay's Facebook for a coupon for a Saturday $39 lift ticket with free lunch at Alice's Table. That is a very good deal, Alice's Table is a sit down restaurant of very high quality for a ski area lunch. The only problem is Alice's Table is Tramside and you'll probably need to bus or car over there from Stateside to get your free lunch. Great deal, though. Knocks the price down to $20-25 taking account the lunch.

JAYPEAKRESORT.COM/ILIKEJAY

The shuttle comes around every few minutes- kick back a couple of tram ale's when you get there.:smile:

Cornhead

I'm hoping for the best. I skied Sunday River the day after four inches of very heavy wet snow April 24. It was a little rough on the ungroomed trails in the morning, but everything skied great after noon.

Can anyone confirm the double occupancy requirement for the Tram House deal? Anyone want a roommate? SWM, 49, nonsmoker, nondrinker, non pot smoker, well not "real" pot, I could be tempted on that one though. Sound like fun don't I? I've been telling people," I've been skiing on fake snow, smoking fake pot, and my girlfriend came with a patch kit.....life is good!"

Last edited:

tmcc71

it was a little more

After tax I paid 109. Still not bad for tram house and lift. I might extend it another night and ski sunday as well....if my mom will understand

Cornhead

it was a little more
After tax I paid 109. Still not bad for tram house and lift. I might extend it another night and ski sunday as well....if my mom will understand

How does it go from $79 to $109 with tax? 38% seems awful steep. Is this for single occupancy? Maybe it'd be better to just look for lodging elsewhere. I think I could sleep kitty corner in the back of my WRX hatch. Might be worth it to save $140, might even be enough for gas, maybe. Anyone know of any cheap places nearby? Looks like New Port City Motel plus lift ticket would be about the same as the Tram House deal. No AAA here.