• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jet Blue is pissing me off

ThatGuy

Honestly during the height of Covid, flying was great. No lines, uncrowded airports, rows to yourself on the plane.

Now...not so much.
Thats the funny paradox, the safest time to fly on a plane was likely at the height of the pandemic due to fear and precautions.

abc

Thats the funny paradox, the safest time to fly on a plane was likely at the height of the pandemic due to fear and precautions.
The paradox is unfortunately not so funny.

Crowds is what makes any enclosed space less safe. So yeah, when very few people are flying, it's safer than when a lot of people are flying. Matter of probability. You can't catch Covid when there's no one around to give it to you...

But planes can't fly half empty without charging a lot more. So a paradox it is...

Kingslug20

I can confirm that...got stuck for 3 extra days in jh..and while that may sound wonderful..for me..its expensive..and my wife had to work out if tiny hotel room...everyone else got out saturday on united.
Oh..dont ever deal with expedia either...

Kingslug20

I had to book through them...so..you call the airline..they say call expedia..you call expedia..they say call the airline. Our flights get changed..all is good.
Tuesday morning we are packed..checked out...taxi coming. I get an email from expedia..your flights are cancelled. Call expedia..put on hold too long..call airline..put on hold too long. So we had to book new flights on a different airline. We get to the airport..original flights not cancelled..call airline..nope, they never cancelled them. Spent an hour today on phone with expedia. They tried everything to blame us..then just hung up. Ill be suing them for this. We are on the hook for all flights now.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Don't you wish there's a similar ranking of ski resorts too? How long the average lift line, what percentage of runs are open, etc.
Yes. Why don't we? Because the ski media is beholden to ski areas for $$$$ and can't be objective.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I had to book through them...so..you call the airline..they say call expedia..you call expedia..they say call the airline. Our flights get changed..all is good.
Tuesday morning we are packed..checked out...taxi coming. I get an email from expedia..your flights are cancelled. Call expedia..put on hold too long..call airline..put on hold too long. So we had to book new flights on a different airline. We get to the airport..original flights not cancelled..call airline..nope, they never cancelled them. Spent an hour today on phone with expedia. They tried everything to blame us..then just hung up. Ill be suing them for this. We are on the hook for all flights now.
WTF? An airline tells you to go to a third-party travel site as a remedy? What was that agent smoking?

Kingslug20

If you book through expedia you are on the bottom of the barrel with the airline..you cant talk to them.
I had no choice..it was the only way to time it with everyone else.

tumbler

Had similar experience a few years ago with flight and rental car issues booking through 3rd party. Will always now book through airline and rental car agency.

machski

If you book on a third party site to save a few $$, in the end you get what you paid for. Might work out a few times, but the one time it doesn't makes the bit of savings so not worth it in the end.

KustyTheKlown

i use expedia religiously for hotels and have never had an issue and have banked hundreds (thousands?) of rewards dollars over the years. i would never ever use them for a flight. I've had no issues ever using them for cars.

abc

I had to book through them...so..you call the airline..they say call expedia..you call expedia..they say call the airline.
That's always my fear.

Always book directly with the airline. Just one party to deal with when weather play nasty etc. Besides, I also don't often see any big savings booking flights through 3rd party either. So, lots of risk, little benefit.

Also avoid 3rd party rental car too. If flights are late, it gets iffy. Book directly with rental car company. They typically hold the car when flights are delay. If flights got cancelled, I'm not out any money either. No hassle extension in case return flight got cancelled. However, that security may end up costing a bit extra.

Hotel is the only thing I book through expedia/hotel/booking.com. There, the saving tend to be bigger too. And risk relatively low. (except the first night, which I typically book directly with hotel). That said, I'm also on some hotel loyalty program, which means I get the reward directly with the hotel chain when I book direct. Again, easier cancellation or change without having to deal with 3rd party.

As you can tell, I use 3rd party booking only some of the time.

Last but not least, buy travel insurance. Haven't claim so far yet. Knock on wood.

Last edited:

Kingslug20

I didnt want to..but i needed to time our arrival with the group and it was the only way..
Never again

Kingslug20

Found the padt flight info online..both flights left and arrived on time..i think i have enough to take them to court now.
On hold with them now...

Kingslug20

Small claims court..plus we have a law plan..its paid for already..like having a lawyer on retainer...we will get..everything