• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

John Hall lost election in NY - ex ski instructor & rock star

catskillman

John is an ex instructor at Hunter & Catamount. You may best remember him from the band Orleans - (still the one & dance with me remember now.)

He was running from re election for congressman in NY state.

Guess we may see him back on the slopes this season.

dmc

John is an ex instructor at Hunter & Catamount. You may best remember him from the band Orleans - (still the one & dance with me remember now.)

He used to jam with my band back in the day - i bet he returns to local politics again.. it's in his blood.. i wonder if he'll move back to Saugerties now..

catskillman

He was a nice guy. I remember him saying that "Dance with Me" paid for one of his kid's college.

Would be great to see him around again. He is unemployed come January so you never know.

gorgonzola

haha i think i got my first squeeze play to first base during that song :daffy:

and what'd he do to have to run from re election :flag:

dmc

haha i think i got my first squeeze play to first base during that song :daffy:

and what'd he do to have to run from re election :flag:

Funny you should mention that - it is one of the things we talked about when he used to sit in with my band... haha.... He's a seriously cool guy.. So down to earth. i supported him and I'm not even one of his constituents..

I know another guy who wrote "I had the Time of My Life" - it paid/pays for his mansion and recording studio in Jersey still to this day...

i gotta write me a song...