• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 1/13

powbmps

Where: Killington 1/13/10

Why: To see if they really get it.

Hopes were high after all the talk of snowmaking and seeding bumps. Searched high and low. Outer Limits sucked. Vertigo sucked. Skyehawk sucked. Ovation sucked. Royal Flush sucked (unless you like rocks and dirt breaking up your lines). Crappy looking course was set up on Conclusion, but it was roped off so a couple kids could practice their airs. Escapade actually had good coverage with some fun, soft, little bumps.

Tru-dat.

Gnar.

Steep!

We were about ready to give up. Decided to poach DF for the last run. Snuck through the woods only to find that they had actually dropped the rope. Thin cover up top, but great snow down low. Three runs down made the day a winner. :snow:

Conclusion: Do they get it? I don't know, but snowmaking on the Fiddle is the sh*t!

Link to some video (Please excuse the poor quality shots of tailgunning and flailing :razz:. Just wanted to show the conditions):

MogulQueen

That is so disappointing!!! Did it look like they were working on any of it? I was thinking of going on Friday, but what do you think, is it worth it?

powbmps

That is so disappointing!!! Did it look like they were working on any of it? I was thinking of going on Friday, but what do you think, is it worth it?

I didn't see them anything and the trail report doesn't seem to show snowmaking on any of the runs we were on. The warmer weather may help though. It was frigid today. The snow was very "grabby".

2knees

dude, you're nuts. It looks like you weren't even breaking into the snow on some of those landings. why huck any part of that rock onto nothing!!!

other then that, you're a motha fuckin pimp.

frankm938

Where: Killington 1/13/10

Why: To see if they really get it.

Hopes were high after all the talk of snowmaking and seeding bumps. Searched high and low. Outer Limits sucked. Vertigo sucked. Skyehawk sucked. Ovation sucked. Royal Flush sucked (unless you like rocks and dirt breaking up your lines). Crappy looking course was set up on Conclusion, but it was roped off so a couple kids could practice their airs. Escapade actually had good coverage with some fun, soft, little bumps.

Tru-dat.

Gnar.

Steep!

We were about ready to give up. Decided to poach DF for the last run. Snuck through the woods only to find that they had actually dropped the rope. Thin cover up top, but great snow down low. Three runs down made the day a winner. :snow:

Conclusion: Do they get it? I don't know, but snowmaking on the Fiddle is the sh*t!

Link to some video (Please excuse the poor quality shots of tailgunning and flailing :razz:. Just wanted to show the conditions):

the video looks like the conditions are great. what happened to OL, it was awesome sunday?

powbmps

dude, you're nuts. It looks like you weren't even breaking into the snow on some of those landings. why huck any part of that rock onto nothing!!!

other then that, you're a motha fuckin pimp.

Bump skis are squirrely as it is and that landing was firm. My tails barely made a mark. They just shot out from underneath me.

I suppose that means I was in the backseat :lol:.

powbmps

the video looks like the conditions are great. what happened to OL, it was awesome sunday?

The video is a little bit of Escapade and mostly DF. Didn't find any other soft snow. Rode the gondola with a few different people who said conditions were much better on Sunday.

skiingsnow

Crappy looking course was set up on Conclusion, but it was roped off so a couple kids could practice their airs.

That area of Conclusion is roped off until March for the kms kids, and is not all set up yet which is why it looks like crap.

The trails he mentioned are all ones they JUST made snow on (and were great under the guns!) or natural. . . Read some reports on Kzone, OL, Ovation, Vertigo all incredible this past weekend. Outer Limits being groomed tonight with more snowmaking this weekend on it... :fangun:

skiadikt

some great skiing there. lookin good.

yeah apparently they groomed lower vertigo to prep it for seeding. r.i.p. ... conclusion just seeded so prob needs to be skied in. surprised about ol after all they blew on it. hawk & flush were done this weekend though hawk does have a "line" or two skiers left. you didn't care for the bumps on upper ovation? figured they'd be good. the snowmaking was weak on lower ovation so i knew it would suck as soon as they turned the guns off. that's one trail powdr hasn't figured out yet.

MogulQueen

The trails he mentioned are all ones they JUST made snow on (and were great under the guns!) or natural. . . Read some reports on Kzone, OL, Ovation, Vertigo all incredible this past weekend. Outer Limits being groomed tonight with more snowmaking this weekend on it... :fangun:[/QUOTE]

I did ski OL this past weekend so that is why I was so surprised it sucked. The "golf course" on the top of OL was awesome. Anyway, I am always so suprised how quickly things can turn up there.