• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/26 (noon)

loafer89

I am currently eating lunch at Rams Head and e-mailing with my palm pc.

The skiing today is great with packed powder in most spots and light snow falling since about 11:00am.

I skied West Glade, North Star, Escapade, East Fall and Cascade. East Fall had huge made made snowmaking bumps, and Escapade had great natural cover.

There is ongoing snowmaking on Cascade, but the snow is soft and sticky making for easy turns.

It is still not unbearably crowded and I have skied right on to most lifts.

loafer89

We just finished skiing for the day at 3:15pm. It snowed about 1/2" during the afternoon and has now stopped. Temperatures warmed up to 25F at the base when we left.

The best trail of the day was Escapade with great natural snowcover. The worst trail of the day was Lower Skyelark with unedgable snowmaking in the center of the trail and thin natural cover on Both edges. It is obvious that they rushed to open this trail to spread out the crowds.

Crowded trails became a problem after noon time especially on Great Northern and on Lower Chute and Lower Bunny Buster.

Alot of trails have thin cover that will not withstand next weeks forecast os 1-1.5" of rain and 60F temps. All in all this was the best Thanksgiving skiing I have done in many years and I skied both of my bronze pass blackout days with May 1st slalom vouchers.

Bosefius

Alot of trails have thin cover that will not withstand next weeks forecast os 1-1.5" of rain and 60F temps. All in all this was the best Thanksgiving skiing I have done in many years and I skied both of my bronze pass blackout days with May 1st slalom vouchers.[/quote]

This is not what I want to hear since my next ski day will probably be toward the end of the week. But since I couldn't, I'm glad someone was enjoying it this weekend. Thanks for the report.

What are the May 1st slalom vouchers?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Bosefius said:
Alot of trails have thin cover that will not withstand next weeks forecast os 1-1.5" of rain and 60F temps. All in all this was the best Thanksgiving skiing I have done in many years and I skied both of my bronze pass blackout days with May 1st slalom vouchers.
This is not what I want to hear since my next ski day will probably be toward the end of the week. But since I couldn't, I'm glad someone was enjoying it this weekend. Thanks for the report.

What are the May 1st slalom vouchers?

On May 1st, Killington had a fun slaloom. There was no entry fee and anyone that skied in it recieved a a voucher for a one day lift ticket. Great deal, I got one and used it this weekend as well.

loafer89

Some pictures from saturday:

RamsHeadQuadlineatnoon.jpg

A lack of crowds on most lifts

NickonEscapade.jpg

Escapade Trail

NorthStar.jpg

North Star (upper)

LowerNorthStar.jpg

Lower North Star